mixed_biscuits

Kind of a general aside. Trans rights, reproductive rights, etc - people's right to bodily autonomy - is non-negotiable. I don't wish harm on anyone here, I'm not trying to silence you, but at the same time we ain't ever gonna be chums. I'm not going to pop over to another thread and discuss literature or whatever with you like everything's cool. If you don't clear this very minimal benchmark, I really don't give af about yr views on literature or music or art.

At the same time, know that any time you spout some transphobic etc bullshit, I will eventually be here to challenge it. I decided awhile ago that bigots never get a pass in any space where I have a presence. I can't cover the entire world, but in my little corners of it, this bullshit doesn't ever get a pass.

And, know that we're going to win. Know it in your heart, know it in your bones. Trans people will continue existing and looking back on the all the people sucked into this assault on them will be like looking back on ppl who supported apartheid in the 80s.
You are just proving my point that you basically think it is a repetition of some earlier struggle for rights, but the problem is you don't have the gift of foresight and it's clearly not an isomorphic match for the reasons that I explained. Your reliance on slogans and insults, as well as the standard progressive grandstanding, is otiose.

Together we will create a better society.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
The latest stupid thing RW Twitter is freaking out about. The contortions they're going to to make "she has an unfair advantage" in a [checks notes] women's beauty pageant any kind of sense are pretty hilarious.

mixed_biscuits

This is following the same logic that gender non-conforming behaviour should be realigned. As I've said, most of the underpinning assumptions are conservative looking so there will be weird synergy going on.

Antisynergistic discourse would involve problematising the idea of gender non-conformin behaviour such that people can not conform without questions being raised by either 'side'.

padraig (u.s.)

Every day on Musk's Twitter for trans people is an endless onslaught of "you're a mentally ill [birth gender]", "you'll never be [what you've transitioned to]", "trans people don't exist", the crudest of insults, and so on. So the weak bullshit dissensus RW crew brings in comparison ain't no thing.

padraig (u.s.)

Antisynergistic discourse would involve problematising the idea of gender non-conformin behaviour such that people can not conform without questions being raised by either 'side'.
Bro queer ppl have been doing this, for decades. Shouldn't you already know that? I mean you're out here stalking "trans forums" to formulate your "folk theories". Again, it's like you've never heard of non-binary, genderqueer, agender. And you have - unsurprisingly - zero familiarity with the discourse within the trans and greater queer community - about traditional gender structures, expression, passing, etc. Some trans ppl want to basically reproduce the binary. A whole lot don't.

Queer people - besides the deeply unfortunate "LGB without the TQ+" pick-mes - are not out here policing gender expression. Only one side - your side - is doing that. Like this Karen with her salon, deciding what haircuts are and aren't acceptable.

mixed_biscuits

Bro queer ppl have been doing this, for decades. Shouldn't you already know that? I mean you're out here stalking "trans forums" to formulate your "folk theories". Again, it's like you've never heard of non-binary, genderqueer, agender. And you have - unsurprisingly - zero familiarity with the discourse within the trans and greater queer community - about traditional gender structures, expression, passing, etc. Some trans ppl want to basically reproduce the binary. A whole lot don't.

Queer people - besides the deeply unfortunate "LGB without the TQ+" pick-mes - are not out here policing gender expression. Only one side - your side - is doing that. Like this Karen with her salon, deciding what haircuts are and aren't acceptable.
Ok. That's good. But these people have got to communicate this to the doctors who are using GNC as evidence for sex/gender incoherence. If this happens, people with a wider gender self concept should feel less normative societal pressure to align their behaviour with the binary. This should then reduce puberty blocking and surgery among minors. *high five*

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I have it on good authority that @mixed_biscuits's idea of a good time is to get dolled up as a pantomime dame and work his way through three bottles of poppers while watching The Sound Of Music.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
A lot of the right-wing discourse seems to be populistically pandering to cultural preferences among their constituency, but for something like this to really catch on as much as it seems to have, there needs to be some fundamental, almost primordial instinct around which the discourse revolves, whether thats in good or bad faith.

In this case, it seems to be about protecting children, and here Padraig has given a few examples of conservative-leaning think tanks and social welfare organizations which have confessed to exploiting this notion of "protecting children" to curb trans/queer-related cultural and political developments they find disagreeable by conservative standards.

I suspect a, if not the, primary thesis driving this conservative discourse, however explicit or implicit it may be in different instances of this sort of messaging, is that your kid may be doing "fine" until they're exposed to gender-fluid/non-binary discourse, and from that moment a gender/sexuality-related complex is seeded in your child's mind.

Personally, I suspect the risk of this is negligible, although I'm sure there are some cases out there - if we can entertain the notion of being able to compare alternate realities and trace causal provenance of events as they fork into these different realities - wherein a child isn't experiencing any gender/sexuality-related identity dissonance of any kind, but are on the cusp of adolescence and thus about to have their sense of identity largely thrown into flux, and when they encounter discourse relating to gender fluidity, they subconsciously attribute their adolescence-related identity turbulence to some gender/sexuality-related dissonance they didn't know they had.

Anyway, that was my best attempt at articulating a viewpoint which I don't ultimately agree with, and which, while I understand that particular framing of it, I think has resulted in undue harm to a number of people experiencing dramatic difficulty squaring their identity with the world around them.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Ok. That's good. But these people have got to communicate this to the doctors who are using GNC as evidence for sex/gender incoherence. If this happens, people with a wider gender self concept should feel less normative societal pressure to align their behaviour with the binary. This should then reduce puberty blocking and surgery among minors. *high five*

I thought you said the right to exist uphead is weird? you haven't got the hang of this christian thing, have you? open your bible!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

also as a result of you hnot reading your bible it sounds like you're saying its the fault of the big bad joose doctors?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I told patty big pharma ideology is antisemitic, and he didn't believe me, perhaps in fairness to him it seemed farfetched. well, now we have living proof. thirdform vindicated, again. thanks for proving my point, biccies.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
What are you lot going to say to St Peter when he looks down this thread, and clocks your support for kididdling, reckless hormonesports and other body horrors beyond comprehension. It's not looking good, brev.

this is what happens when @luka doesn't force you think dialectically and gets into a menage a trois with you and david icke.

st. peter has nothing to say to me, because he knows that without me the evil satanic mastermind, goodness and virtue is impossible.

You should be more worried. How will you atone for your deviations?

this is what happens when @luka doesn't force you think dialectically and gets into a menage a trois with you and david icke.

st. peter has nothing to say to me, because he knows that without me the evil satanic mastermind, goodness and virtue is impossible.

You should be more worried. How will you atone for your deviations?

The only devilish thing about me are my good looks. And that one time I witnessed cruelty against a stickleback, without intervening.

mixed_biscuits

There is literally not a single thought in your head that wasn't being voiced by US incels in 4chan in 2016, is there?
The superior attractiveness, libido, and mental health of right wingers are empirical facts, which makes it odd that left wingers peg the incel phenomenon as being RW; maybe this is because left wingers have so little vim and vigour that they can't even be good incels. They're inincels (involuntary incels).