mixed_biscuits

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
I'd suggest not taking that cat story too seriously.
With the caveat that idk the details of this particular story, I can say that children identifying as cats (or less commonly, x other non-human thing) in schools has long been a RW talking point here in the US, and it's repeatedly been debunked as total bullshit, i.e.

So I'd suspect that it's another importation of the American culture wars to a British context (I begin to see why hmg et al just recite USRW talking points verbatim)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I hope I'm not the only one wondering why videos are being taken in a class of Year 8 kids and then put on social media in the first place.

mixed_biscuits

Yep. Been totally debunked as bullshit. I work in a school and I immediately felt this was just so unlikely to be true and I was right with my hunch. The problem now is youve got to correct all this nonsense first before you get to any meaningful discussion. The lid has worked cos it’s poisoned the discourse. https://bylinetimes.com/2023/06/22/dead-cats-and-transphobic-lies/
The general public is miffed about the teacher's ridiculous reaction and there's a recording of that!

Maybe you should use your remote-viewing skills to save Ofsted the bother of visiting schools for inspections.

You've quoted a conspiracy theorist in a non-newspaper quoting an unsubstantiated source, you cabbage.

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
It's basically Brass Eye, with very serious politicians being lined up to say "children identifying as cats is wrong" very seriously as though it was a very serious and real thing. Anyone who gives it any credence at all is pretty much admitting they're a dupe.

mixed_biscuits

It's basically Brass Eye, with very serious politicians being lined up to say "children identifying as cats is wrong" very seriously as though it was a very serious and real thing. Anyone who gives it any credence at all is pretty much admitting they're a dupe.
You're denying this exists at all?

mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Okay, you've admitted it; you take it very seriously indeed, even to the extent of posting some other very serious and real stuff you've found online, that is absolutely very serious and real and has nothing at all to do with any obsessed to the point of deranged, uncaring, unthinking pawns of the global right.

mixed_biscuits

Okay, you've admitted it; you take it very seriously indeed, even to the extent of posting some other very serious and real stuff you've found online, that is absolutely very serious and real and has nothing at all to do with any obsessed to the point of deranged, uncaring, unthinking pawns of the global right.
This was very much offline, from a family member.

But I'm glad that you think these things are so ridiculous that they couldn't possibly have happened. Thereby agreeing that they shouldn't happen. Please let me know if you actually think they should happen. You may consult the Prorg if you wish.

mixed_biscuits