Slothrop

Tight but Polite
In fact they may even live here, I'm not sure. When they arrive, they seem to come from upstairs.

Do you find that people hurriedly change the subject if you start asking too many questions about where they come from or what happens "upstairs"?

shakahislop

one of the richest people i ever was close with, her dad was a hedge fund man, her sister went to live on a political commune boat in san francisco about ten years ago. is there a lot of this kind of thing out there?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
one of the richest people i ever was close with, her dad was a hedge fund man, her sister went to live on a political commune boat in san francisco about ten years ago. is there a lot of this kind of thing out there?
Yeah some of the folks here I get the sense are well off. Some seem to be just able to afford the rent here. I'm actually making enough money to afford this lifestyle now, but if that stops (i.e. if I can't find clients) I have the safety net of my family.

As for politics, it does slant left, but there is also a centrist solutions-oriented futurism vibe represented here as well, and I'm pretty evenly between the two.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Really my only nontrivial expense aside from the communal rent/food/supplies budget, and aside from work expenses, is beer.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
e.g. someone made several pounds of cajun rice for yesterday's feast, so that will likely be my go-to meal for the next week or so.

luka

got to be careful with old rice it can kill you. hundreds of thousands die from it regularly.

luka

💀
💀💀⚰️⚰️⚰️⚰️⚰️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️⚰️⚰️⚰️⚰️⚱️⚱️⚱️⚱️