GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

doogz/goodz sounded like a bit of an idiot (to my surprise) on semtexs show the other day. he kept saying 'you get me' after every sentence! hes good, technically amazing, but i find something about him a bit dry, so while i admire him and axiom a LOT, i dont really go back to listen to it much. hes better than a lot of other technically focused mcs though, just cos his technique really IS something to marvel at.

haha you need to listen to big h from meridian on the sk vibemakers cd then, "you get me" makes up more than half of every point - i like it though. big h has been an absolute revelation to me, i never knew how good he was, seriously when he says people cat his style he speaks the truth.

same re doogz, i think hes sick but i dont listen to axiom that much - id rather listen to tempa t, d double, wiley, blah blah blah... seems like they've got more character, less nasal, less rapid. grime isnt solely about technique.

having said that i do listen to his version of torture A LOT, that tune is too much.

Immryr

the things i return to from axiom are the crazy titch one, the weatherman and switching songs pt2.

in general i prefere ghetto as far as technical mc's go. in pure mcing terms that is, not really for his mixtapes.

viktorvaughn

i've said this before and everyone always shouts at me and i'll probably get shouted at again now but.... i really don't understand all the hype about goodz! seriously, i think his voice sounds a bit rubbish.. can no-one else hear a slight american twang every now and again??? ok, he can obviously MC, and seeing as every other person in the world thinks he's amazing i should probably just accept it, but there's at least 20 other MCs i'd rather listen to before goodz.

maybe i just need to see him live before i get it..

I have never fully got the hype over Axiom. I revisit It's Real and Durrty Whirl more often than Axiom. And I agree that I would much rather hear a twang of yard than yank in his voice.

He is lyrically dexterous but I agree there are loads of people I'd rather be listening too - Slix, Tinchy, Wiley, Griminal, P Money etc. And I still listen to Blaze More Dan You all the time still, I think it's fantastic!

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
haha you need to listen to big h from meridian on the sk vibemakers cd then, "you get me" makes up more than half of every point .

loooool
I totally forgot about that - yeah, that guy could yagetme for the olympics.

He is insanely good though, I wish he was more active in the scene and not fucking around on this NYC gangster bloodline thing. "100%" is one of those tracks I was really hoping would see a release and never did. I hope "Final Rally" does. I'll up my radio rip of 100% tonight if I get a chance for anyone who hasn't heard it.

big h said:
ANY FUNNY BUSINESS, EVERYBODY DEAD
I SAID ANY FUNNY BUSINESS, EVERYBODY DEAD

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
By the way, does anyone know if that Trim v Flowdan rematch happened on Sunday? I missed it and the Rinse Blog hasn't updated in a week which is a pisstake because I also missed Blackdown and Dusk's first show.

By the way, does anyone know if that Trim v Flowdan rematch happened on Sunday? I missed it and the Rinse Blog hasn't updated in a week which is a pisstake because I also missed Blackdown and Dusk's first show.

No. They played a funky house CD between Newhams & N-Type and the show has moved to tuesdays.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
No. They played a funky house CD between Newhams & N-Type and the show has moved to tuesdays.

What? Why the fuck wouldn't they move the ineffectual Newham Generals to Tuesday?
The BBK show is one of the best things on Rinse.

The only way I could understand this logic is if BBK themselves decided to stop doing it on Sundays, although that wouldn't be a good look either.

What? Why the fuck wouldn't they move the ineffectual Newham Generals to Tuesday?

The only way I could understand this logic is if BBK themselves decided to stop doing it on Sundays, although that wouldn't be a good look either.

Westwood at ten on 1Xtra probably. With limited grime on radio as is, I guess it's not great that two shows clash anyway.
Just hope it doesn't effect the people showing up

benjybars

village elder.

??

newham generals show is probably the best (in terms of consistency) on the station..

roll deep used to have tuesdays 9-11 a few years back anyway.. nice to have a bit of midweek action i reckon.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
??

newham generals show is probably the best (in terms of consistency) on the station..

The Newham Generals are the biggest elephant in the corner in grime right now. They have produced about three good tracks in two years, their show offers nothing new unless you're into hearing those tracks, some Footsie beats, and shit off Dizzee's new album. Or, if Tubby is spinning, you can hear a boring dubstep set of bangers.

Whenever D Double is on the decks I will say he usually has a nice deep selection, but this crew as a whole are air right now, and it seems like they are basically defunct. I love D Double E and Footsie too, and I know they are veterans, but their time is over and they probably aren't coming back.

Most of the bigger crews in grime would do better with that slot: Ruff Sqwad, The Movement, O.G.s, etc.

Fuck it, maybe even a Dirty Canvas spot?

Benny Bunter

hopefully he will be similarly warm in newcastle this friday!

Got any idea roughly what time Trim will come on? Only I went and bought tickets for Earth at Northumbria university, not realising it was on the same night. Hopefully I'll be able to zip over after Earth finish and catch the grime. There's no way I'm missing Trim, might have to leave the Earth gig early...:mad:

RAISED BY WOLVES

haha you need to listen to big h from meridian on the sk vibemakers cd then, "you get me" makes up more than half of every point - i like it though. big h has been an absolute revelation to me, i never knew how good he was, seriously when he says people cat his style he speaks the truth.

Glad to see someone on here rate him. He's easily in my top five, and the new material I've heard from him is dead on point. His conversational cadence and cold flow get me every time. That gully brooke lane freestyle is so sick, and I saw a lil freestyle from him accapella on one of those bloodline TV things that was a little more focused lyrically then past material. I got hopes up for the streetcrime tape.

But yeah man, H in those interviews is too much: "How's man gonna go eat at some dead out chicken shop when he can ave KFC, You get me?" (H on why he doesn't buy or support UK hiphop ("dead out chicken shop") because aparantly, Biggie Smalls (KFC) is better than the whole country's entire catalogue).

Deep guy in the game.

edit: Up "100%" if you have it. Not sure if I do. Somethin like "boybetterknow 100%/Ninemillimeter 100%" yeah?

Last edited:

tom pr

The bit where he goes 'wheeel! come on semtex, use those hands' had me falling off my seat in laughter.

Last time I saw Semtex he was more handy with his feet:

trpar1709832%5f36281%5ffull-lnd.jpg

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Here is the Big H link. Turns out the track is actually called "I Don't Wanna Shoot An MC" which is a bit more of a mouthful but nevertheless it's sick.

Ripped from the aforementioned SK Vibemaker's Bloodline Meridian mixtape:

http://download.yousendit.com/10C17F2A07786301

big h said:
Look what this MC done/ took my style and tried to act dumb

Everyone interested in Meridian also check out Prez T's "This Likkle Yout" from his free mixtape, Back Inna My Face.
Mixtape at Logan Sama's Filefront account:
http://files.filefront.com/President+T+Back+Inna+My+1zip/;9575572;/fileinfo.html

prez t said:
This likkle yout/ I tried to warn/ Talkin about the big bad rave that he torn/ Funny how I caught him on Sunday/ Mowin up his grandmas lawn