GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
Did Independance shut down shop?

lol good one

what is wearing my rolex and is it a big deal (literally) that atlantic have signed it? i'm kinda outta touch out here :)

also, big news about 'large way', absolutely love that tune. the couple of radio sets i have it on have got so many rewinds for that track. who's on the beat on that one? and what happened to logan? has he left dissensus?

gumdrops

westwoods show is so funny. i love how each week everyone gets told off for bad lanaguage. best moment this week was when westwood shut down the live session and told everyone to 'regroup' then they came back on 30 secs later and started talking about boras and how mans would get sprayed like perfume, LOL. brilliant. a lot of what gets played is total fraf though, grime seems a bit crap to me at the moment. one of the MCs said 'yeah this is songs now, not just dubs' which made my ears prick up but then it was another boring standard track with all the usual cliches and crap boring slow beats. unless grime picks up on a production level (im guessing westwood is playing SOME of the good new beats going round, he cant be picking only the crap ones), i cant feign much interest in this new lot. (well unless i get links to their mixtapes lol).

Immryr

benny - i suspect trim just couldnt be arsed travelling up to newcastle and decided he would just settle for the £100 deposit -_-

backlash was the emptiest it has been for almost as long as i can remember that night, im not sure why, there was an article in the metro about it and everything! in a way im quite glad - i basically forgot how to mix, well thats a slight exageration, but i wasnt happy. only after me and pegz had been on for about an hour and a half did we realise the monitor wasnt even on. i think im definitely going to have to record some sort of mix now, watch this space.....

lets hope wiley doesnt do something similar, im fairly confident that skepta will be reliable.

Benny Bunter

benny - i suspect trim just couldnt be arsed travelling up to newcastle and decided he would just settle for the £100 deposit -_-

Aye, thought as much...:eek:

Sorry to hear you had a bad night mate, just wasn't meant to be I suppose. Get working on that mix!

tomd

penis like a micromachine
has anyone got the umbrella cd? is it worth getting?

Its got nothing on any of the mixtapes that have been coming out recent. Alot of talking over tracks, generally couldnt get that into it. To be honest I'd rate it rapidshare, quick listen whilst browsing a forum. Heard a new track from Wiley on Logans show last night though, sounded big.
EDIT: wiley-kicked_out_the_game.mp3, found it on the myspace.

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
has anyone got the umbrella cd? is it worth getting?

Has some good tracks (I like - Spirit In The Beat, Writers Block + a couple of the Wiley versions of big instrumentals like Bazooka etc). Worth buying for those on their own and work out the same cost as buying a vinyl for the same/slightly-more amount of quality tracks. These 'mix-tape' CDs in Grime have basically replaced vinyl single releases and are a good financial model for other scenes to follow. Artists are probably making the same amount of money (or more from them) than they previously did for vinyl. Vinyl was really only for DJs whereas a CD can be used by DJs and fans alike.

continuum

smugpolice
SKEPTA feat TRIGGA SPYDA & FLOWDAN - IN A CORNER
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
SKEPTA feat TRIGGA SPYDA & FLOWDAN - IN A CORNER
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

"... and Boy Better NOT Know we're coming"

lol

?OmEnS!

Benny - I went to the Trim night at backlash in Newcastle (after seeing Earth play at the uni who were great) and the lads who were putting it on never mentioned that he had been arrested - I didn't see any posters up explaining what had happened though.

'Tis a shame that it descended into the usual breakcore/ gabba night as I was looking forward to something a bit different from them.