GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

S

simon silverdollar

what is it with grime MCs Using Capital Letters At The Start Of Every Word?

does my head in.

love the bit on the Trim Q&A where he's asked if him and wiley are still cool, and replies,
'yeah, but he has these turns sometimes'.

Last edited by a moderator:

gumdrops

newham gens arent the elephant in the room - the reason people still talk about them is cos they do good consistent sets on rinse. which is more than you can say for the consistently ramshackle BBK shows. i dont like most of their vocal tracks, but i always FFWD the start of their shows when they play all those crappy songs so i dont really care. of course id like it if tubby was playing more grime beats but then im not sure what the standard for grime beats is nowadays - you listen to the BBK show and i swear a lot of the beats they play are quite old (which would never have happened before).

john eden

male pale and stale
image.php

Riko - double CD, 10th March.

http://www.ukrecordshop.com/item/riko-the-truth.html

msoes

just saw that, so excited.

been obsessed with rikos old tracks recently. war mi love that, gunshot, dead that etc

mos dan

fact music
Everyone interested in Meridian also check out Prez T's "This Likkle Yout" from his free mixtape, Back Inna My Face.
Mixtape at Logan Sama's Filefront account:
http://files.filefront.com/President+T+Back+Inna+My+1zip/;9575572;/fileinfo.html

this is one of my fav grime tracks ever. prez t's awkward, menacing delivery is amazing. what's the mixtape saying? does it have that 'it's live' track w/skepta?? been fiending for that for ages now. i'm gonna have to wait another week til i'm back in ldn to catch up on six weeks of grime...

Benny Bunter

So, went to see Trim in Newcastle last night, and when I got to the venue there was a poster up saying he'd been arrested and wouldn't be playing!

Anyone know the full story? I smell bullshit...

this is one of my fav grime tracks ever. prez t's awkward, menacing delivery is amazing. what's the mixtape saying? does it have that 'it's live' track w/skepta?? been fiending for that for ages now. i'm gonna have to wait another week til i'm back in ldn to catch up on six weeks of grime...

prez t's mixtape is great. as you would probably expect from prez, its straight grime, no funny business. i like the fact that prez t has a social circle set apart from most mcs so you wont get the usual collabs.

the skepta track is large way, which has been out on adamantium i think - massive tune

i love prez t's flow, its so unhurried and awkward and normally it'd sound so wrong - but he pulls it off. what a one for uniqueness.

Krooz

Going back to service from the shops - ordered 'Umbrella' and 'Hard Days Graft' from Avalance yest afternoon and they were delivered in the post this morning. It only had to come from Sidcup to Surrey Quays but good work still.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
wiley was on rwd this week saying that him and bless beats had been in meetings with labels about the song all week. and now he's rather unsubtly changed his myspace pic to the atlantic logo and his name to "WEARING MY ROLEX."

petergunn

plywood violin
Did Independance shut down shop? Their site's been 404 a for while now.

combined w/ the fact that they were having a huge blow out sale in the months before they shut down, i am afraid the answer is yes... i hope not, they always did right by me...