GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
slimzee show was sick. seemed to be all old (brilliant/classic) dubs though - i thought slimzee was going to unleash a load of amazing new stuff! but im *guessing* hes not really into whats happening anymore.

Ah Spyro is who you go to for the amazing new stuff. I'm glad Slimzee drew for his old dubplates. No one else can rinse them like him.

For anyone who didn't get the set yet, here is the direct link: http://www.mediafire.com/?1wm0mtbzggo

mos dan

fact music
yeah it is, including circle and signal by jerzey. havent given it a proper listen yet.

last time i tracked down jerzey's myspace it didn't have any tunes on it and it said he was moving onto funky? did i dream this? i hope he keeps making grime, his productions for trimothy so far have been amazing.

gumdrops

a moan.

got that spyro mix cd. dont *totally* see the point of these rinse cds anymore tbh. not just cos i prefer the podcasts on the whole, but i dont really need any more of these 'genre spanning' mixes. thats not really that impressive anymore, everyone seems to/can do it now. plus i dont see the point of featuring loads of old school ukg tracks on it either (unless its an all the way old school cd). seems to blur the sense of timeliness youre meant to get from cds like this.

gumdrops

yeah - these things are just like brand builders, nothing more/less. if they really wanted to show off the pirate way of doing things, theyd do more rinsessions sets, like the old school tape packs, not these pristinely presented, but ultimately pointless (when you have the rinse podcast blog up there) mixes. i sold all my rinse mix cds.

the question is

what happens when they run out of DJ's? or in another way...are you gonna buy a CD mixed by Marco Del Horno (no send)?

regardless the Antisocial one should murk. exclusives, V.I.P tunes that won't come out for two years aswell as what's happening right now...the first one kinda got it right

Elijah

Butterz
got that spyro mix cd. dont *totally* see the point of these rinse cds anymore tbh. not just cos i prefer the podcasts on the whole, but i dont really need any more of these 'genre spanning' mixes. thats not really that impressive anymore, everyone seems to/can do it now. plus i dont see the point of featuring loads of old school ukg tracks on it either (unless its an all the way old school cd). seems to blur the sense of timeliness youre meant to get from cds like this.

I agree with you on that. But his CD captures what his radio show is like, and it is hard to capture all the tricks and stuff he does on radio on a CD. The 69 tunes in 60 min set for example, is something you can only capture live on radio.

I think he could of done a current Grime one, with his own vips for the personal touch as we are totally under represented in the compilation section.

If I got the chance to do one, would be current grime based around Terror Danjah, Rude Kid, Maniac, Nocturnal, DVA, Swindle, Joker, J Sweet, Wiley, Rapid, Footsie, Silencer etc.

There's enough good grime to put together a great compilation. Basically a clean version of 2000 & Grime

Def want the rinse cds to keep coming though, look at the roster of talent on the station.

Def would like to hear a Marcus Nasty and a Chef sometime soon.

mos dan

fact music
if they really wanted to show off the pirate way of doing things, theyd do more rinsessions sets, like the old school tape packs

yeah that's what we were lobbying for a week or two back right, rinsessions vol. 2.

maybe we could start a petition on the number 10 website or something. hmm.

Blackdown

nexKeysound

the sleevenotes explain why he included old school tunes...

and it's a bit silly to ask why rinse bother with these. on one hand the podcasts rinse have to pay for the bandwidth, on the mix CD people pay to own it...

gumdrops

i know theyre a source of income, and hopefully it gives rinse the cash boost they need, but still, doesnt mean everyone has to 'support' just for the sake of it. i have bought all of them up to the spyro one, theyve just not really done all that much for me.

i dont have the sleevenotes but either way, im still not really that that interested in that side of things. seems too easy, a bit of this, a bit of that, chuck it all in, and there you have it, another 'eclectic', 'broadly sourced' multi-era-spanning dj mix.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
the challenge is in making the connections make sense. identifying links between tunes that aren't obvious or even that natural. i love it when after mixing for 45 minutes you look back at what you started with and can hardly remember how you got to this entirely different place.

"seems too easy, a bit of this, a bit of that, chuck it all in, and there you have it, another 'eclectic', 'broadly sourced' multi-era-spanning dj mix."

these kind of sentences are such a cop out as well. you frame anything like that and it'll sound boring.

'seems too easy, all this focus business. you just play tunes that sound similar for an hour and there you have it, another 'concentrated, focused, purist vision' where nothing really happens'

Elijah

Butterz
i know theyre a source of income, and hopefully it gives rinse the cash boost they need, but still, doesnt mean everyone has to 'support' just for the sake of it. i have bought all of them up to the spyro one, theyve just not really done all that much for me.

i dont have the sleevenotes but either way, im still not really that that interested in that side of things. seems too easy, a bit of this, a bit of that, chuck it all in, and there you have it, another 'eclectic', 'broadly sourced' multi-era-spanning dj mix.

Spy wanted 2 some himself up as a DJ, the tunes he likes, the tunes that got him into this thing, and the stuff which he is banging currently on rinse. Imagine you get one chance to some up yourself as a DJ on a CD, it wouldnt only contain one genre of music, I think that was his thinking behind it. He aint thinking of it the way you are. This is pretty much a club set that he would play as well.

gumdrops

'seems too easy, all this focus business. you just play tunes that sound similar for an hour and there you have it, another 'concentrated, focused, single minded vision' where nothing really happens'

ha, perhaps im being a bit reductive, but its pretty obvious the connections will make some sense and these connections DO, if only cos theyre already quite well established now arent they? and im not sure theres really much of an aesthetic at work here in terms of the sequencing (like youd get with a slimzee set for example, where theres still mood-range within that aesthetic) - its pretty basic mixing, one tune bang into the next. prob good if youre heading out to a rave tho. it is hype.

benjybars

village elder.
i really like the spyro mix cd.. in fact i've liked all of them really

as much as i'd love to see a rinse sessions vol.2 cd pack, i hope they keep making the rinse series.

what i really wanna see tho is Oneman on some serious studio cd mixes...

i think i said this before but i'm convinced he's been more influential than anyone else in bringing back garage sensibilities to the general dubstep crowd. plus he usually mixes in a fair amount of grime.

so yeah, i wanna see

Oneman - The History Lessons - Vols 1-5 in my shop by the end of the year.