GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound

Simon78

I like Slew Dem but that DVD is a joke - I mean it's gully as fuck but it looks like it was recorded on a mobile and it gets a bit wearing, to say the least. The CD with it is great though, but for me starting out, aside from all the others you mentioned, I'd buy the Aim High series. And download the Slew Dem one lol, I just don't think it's worth the dosh.

I'm not having it, the whole thing is quality :D

The live set on Rinse on the 2nd DVD with Tubby on the decks, the whole of the CD, Jammer the taxi driver, Tempz going nuts because Knucklez is sat in his chair, the opening scene with the Slew Dem logo moving around and covering up the knife, the graphics all the way through it, the live footage from Straight Outta Bethnal, Tempz in Jammers basement, Tempz in his pink cowboy hat, Esco freestyle. What more do you want?

I forgot about Lord of the Decks 3. Worth every penny for the Superman Dread bit and D Doubles Hi-Tech bag.

"look at doubles bag, its hi-tech" :D

The Aim High DVDs are really good as well.

Risky Roadz is worth a shout for it's artifact status alone, as well. (And obviously for the fucked studio set that comes with it).

I know it's brief but the it's so early that they don't even say grime once in it for fuck's sake. The essentials set in Uptown is incredible, as well, as is the bit when all the MCs are getting marched out of that festival and Riko (I think) is calling the police cunts when they're standing next to him.

Might watch that when I get home actually

Simon78

Risky Roadz is worth a shout for it's artifact status alone, as well. (And obviously for the fucked studio set that comes with it).

I know it's brief but the it's so early that they don't even say grime once in it for fuck's sake. The essentials set in Uptown is incredible, as well, as is the bit when all the MCs are getting marched out of that festival and Riko (I think) is calling the police cunts when they're standing next to him.

Yeah the Essentials in Rhythm is quality.

I forgot about the Movement DVD as well. The Wiley/Skepta freestyle kills it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

faustus

The essentials set in Uptown is incredible, as well, as is the bit when all the MCs are getting marched out of that festival and Riko (I think) is calling the police cunts when they're standing next to him.

is that not in aim high with trim (and flowdan giving a little commentary on him)? i dont really know what im talking about when it comes to dvds tho so dont mind me

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I'm not having it, the whole thing is quality :D
The live set on Rinse on the 2nd DVD with Tubby on the decks, the whole of the CD, Jammer the taxi driver, Tempz going nuts because Knucklez is sat in his chair, the opening scene with the Slew Dem logo moving around and covering up the knife, the graphics all the way through it, the live footage from Straight Outta Bethnal, Tempz in Jammers basement, Tempz in his pink cowboy hat, Esco freestyle. What more do you want?

Lol I'd forgotten about the Tempz and Knuckles bit, that's hilarious. You make it sound better than I remember it! I just remember it going on and on and on and on and on, like an endless loop of Eastenders with music. Logo's good tho lol.

Simon78

Lol I'd forgotten about the Tempz and Knuckles bit, that's hilarious. You make it sound better than I remember it! I just remember it going on and on and on and on and on, like an endless loop of Eastenders with music. Logo's good tho lol.

No, you are right there is a load of rubbish on there as well as loads of good bits.

The 2-3 hours of footage could easily have been edited down to 40 minutes of pure gold.

Quality control isn't exactly Grime's forte though.

I could do with a new Grime DVD to watch but nobody seems to do them anymore. 'At home with the Roadside G's' would be good. :D

TRU_G

Thats Aim High 2 when they are at that Festival, its jokes when Wiley and Trim are just drunk talking shit into the camera

Elijah

Butterz
Thats Aim High 2 when they are at that Festival, its jokes when Wiley and Trim are just drunk talking shit into the camera
its on both dvds.

I miss Grime DVDs, but I agree with Simon, would prefer loads of short 1s, with just crews on them, o wait, theres no crews.

BBK could do a good 1 as they get about, and are quite funny.

A Wiley one would be classic as well.

Logan could do one, with footage from the show, and a few extended interviews and live PAs.

Shit DVDs and Youtube kinda made the DVD redundant.

But theres still money to be made from them as they cant be bootlegged as easy as a CD.

80 Mins tops for a DVD though, wiith people actually doing something rather then just standing on road.

Studio, Radio, Live PAs is the way to go.

unclerico

unfortunate goings on at eskimo dance according to "zurich" on grime forum

in his words:

"WOOIII OIIIIII!! IT WAS HYPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

overall night was big untill it got locked of, bare chicks in the place!!

i give you a quick review then im going sleep!

started of all good, couple djs playing bashment n funky, then cameo come on, flirta d was on the mic with him, HE FUCKED IT UP!

next we had vectra i think, mashed it up, then logan come on playing tunes, then griminal and ghetto were on mic, they smashed it to tbh.

then we had gracious k, he performed migrane skank, you did well son.

then boy better know come on with maximum plus others there was, skepta, jme, frisco, jammer, temps, blacks, little dee, desperado, double s, flirta again, they were all murking fully! temps did alot, skepta did alot with the classic bars, even jme was alryt.

shame there was no d double e tho!!

anyway about half hour after they had been on, ghetto and griminal rejoined the stage with them...big mistake griminal!!

ghetto must of spat that bar about "jme stick to computers" his face looked upset lol!

then griminal spat ... "boy better know e-13 so suck your mum"

then frisco said "not my mum" .. griminal then said it again! then him and temps were like head to head i think he headbutted griminal then it all kicked of on stage, tempa musta told him come outside im not too sure but 10 seconds later as grminal was making his way out coz the rave was kinda locked of from that point anyway, temps just smashed the bottle over griminals head. looooooooool

ahh it was alot, he werent RAMPING!!

I LOVE GRIME".

Sounds like the WWE or something... Not good, Griminal's only young as well isn't he?

Is this another nail in the coffin for live grime?

Last edited:

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
Very random question, but did the Wizzbit instrumental for "You Know My Name" by Riko ever get released on 12"? If it did I must have missed it, but I'm totally obsessed with this beat at the moment. LOVE the swing of the drums on this one...

Also on a totally different note I will pay ANY money in the world for a dub of Loefah's Nasty Crew remix! Prob top of my list of tunes that I'm still gutted never got released.

Last edited:

Simon78

FWD on Sunday was too much. Easily the best one I have been to for years.

Spyro B2B with Vectra sounded so heavy, I don't think anyone on grime forum recorded it though unfortunately. The Rude Kid tune Vectra played early on was quality.

Spyro dropped one of Spooky's tunes and it was his 21st as well so he must have been buzzing to hear that on the Plastic People system.

The Newham Generals were on next and they completely destroyed the place. Head Get Mangled sounded so good.

Then I got to listen to more grime from JJ on Rinse during my journey home. A quality night :D

There is a post over on Butterz with a video and DL link for the Newhams set:

http://verybutterz.blogspot.com/2009/04/generally-speaking.html

tom lea

i thought it was a bit shit. greena was good, ld was decent, went out for a smoke while chef was on. how did spyro and vectra sound good though? we were on the right and it sounded nasty as fuck, the cdjs right up to the max, plus vectra kept playing shit like caspa and chase & status.

was a real friday crowd there, and it showed - people moshing at the front and shit. tubby just played metallic standard dubstep, it's so wasted on badness and d double.