GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

maniacs cd isnt bad. its all very consistent, but i dunno, theres something just too consistent about it almost. its like all the good things from grime production (02/03/04) perfected, and a bit more sophisticated, but somehow just not quite as hype or exciting. cant quite put my finger on it. could also be that i just find listening to instrumental cds a bit weird.

mos dan

fact music
more next hypes please. fewer itty bitty, intricate, undanceable tunes like, erm, 'kicked out the game' by wiley. which isn't a bad song, don't get me wrong! i could've picked so many worse songs by others. i just can't be bothered with that cluttered approach: it has a hook but the hook is a total momentum-killer, rather than elevating the tune.

Simon78

grime does miss shouting

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gumdrops

newham gens album is the best. only real 'album' to come out this year too imo. everyone elses was either a standard mixed bag mix cd or just not as well put together. sonically the gens' album is easily better produced than anyone elses too. footsie and cage>>>

i second the request for more next hypes. but also more bullet a go flys. and more ignorant remixes. ;)

i just can't be bothered with that cluttered approach: it has a hook but the hook is a total momentum-killer, rather than elevating the tune.

bang on. applies to too many tunes.

Simon78

The Frisco & Killa P cd's are my favourite Grime albums released so far this year.

Police Ar Come always gets a few wheels. I would like to hear that one on a system.

mos dan

fact music
been replaying and replaying crazy titch's overnight celebrity freestyle this weekend for no particular reason...

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Nice post Elijah. Personally I'm quite keen on this recent mini trend for producer/instrumental only releases. Be interested to see where it leads to.

Simon78

been replaying and replaying crazy titch's overnight celebrity freestyle this weekend for no particular reason...

Have you heard him over Functions On Da D-Low Dan?

I think I am going to have to watch some old grime DVD's tonight :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

viktorvaughn

Who has heard the rinse birthday advert on rinse with a posh voice over thing, quite funny.

Titchs dizzee slew is also quite ruff.

gumdrops

even tho all i heard was discarda, roll deeps show last night was a lot. karnages selection was pretty fucked. discarda kept going JEEEEEEEEEEEEESSUS which is what i was thinking too lol.

Elijah

Butterz
Nice post Elijah. Personally I'm quite keen on this recent mini trend for producer/instrumental only releases. Be interested to see where it leads to.

Waiting releases from Rude Kid, DVA, Bless Beats, BBK?!, Wiley, Frisco, Davinche?, Joker?

I know Silencer has got something else lined up, as has Nocturnal. Lets see if this keeps the levels high, or the quality control will be worse as producers are letting 15 tunes go at one time.

gumdrops

i like the instro cds. but think i like the ep format better, like what logans doing. looking forward to see what rude kids one is going to be like though. the stuff he played on the butterz show was really good.

good blog post. agree on pretty much all the comments. would also like to hear much less mcs doing that 'crying' style of rhyming which they do to show theyre all emotional.