GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

this p money cd should be good i reckon... hes underrated really. puts out consistently good tracks and better cds than most grime mcs imo. really good artist overall.

Elijah

Butterz
Yeah I suppose that does make a lot of sense. It's a shame though because to me grime still has potential, it doesn't feel like something that's running out steam; in fact if anything imo 2008-9 has seen a bit of a return to form with it, esp in terms of productions. Maybe to an extent it's just the way of the world. Silencer getting a show at a decent enough time would be one positive thing, I guess.

Silencer is on Mondays 5-7

On the next shift around I hope to agree a proper slot because I change all the time.

As for the old tunes thing, Summer time is always a slow time for new music, just got to learn how to cover it up well. If deep into October you are still hearing the same riddims then its a problem.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Silencer is on Mondays 5-7

On the next shift around I hope to agree a proper slot because I change all the time.

Yeah for sure. I phrased that confusingly, when I said 'would be an example of..', I meant that him recently getting that slot is an example of something positive happening for grime on Rinse, not that his current slot is rubbish and he needs a better one.
I do need to listen to that show more than I do currently though. You getting a settled slot for each week would be cool too.

gumdrops

whos up on this batmobile track that scratcha played today? big teenage grime tune. :) shes only 14 too. she sounds almost boyish though, a bit like what i imagine a teenage snoop from the wire might sound like if she rapped and was from london.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
ive said this before i know, but i dont see the point in shows of grime golden oldies. wheres the future in that?

I agree, I'm listening to a recent recording of JJ on Rinse right now and within the first ten or so minutes I've already heard Bigshot's "Stomp", Davinche's remix of "Jam Hot", and Dexplicit's "Wakadooza".

The real problem is that these tunes were all released during a time when loads of instrumentals were being released all the time. That's why all the DJs have them in the bag.

Grime producers need to wake up to digital downloading and release their big riddims on a regular basis and I guarantee you'll see an increased interest in newer grime productions. There is basically no reason not to at this point.

As I finished typing this Spyro has jumped on deck and is playing Skepta's "D.T.I."
And now Joker's "Gully Brook Lane". It's tragic really.

gumdrops

finally someone else who sees what im seeing. geeneus should call them out on it i reckon. yes that era was amazing but its (long been) time to move on. its also just weird cos it means these new sets have no sense of this era. all those old classic pirate radio rips arent classic cos people were playing old 2001 beats over and over. if djs are too lazy or just uninterested in new grime beats its time to pack up and let someone else take over.

continuum

smugpolice
There is basically no reason not to at this point.

Why there still isn't something like ukfunky.com for Grime is ridiculous.
Even an mp3 that could score high in the charts will be obvious to take down fairly shortly after making it available to legal download in high quality.

gumdrops

if you think of all the beats that could be there for people to DL, its a missed opportunity. but i think most artists/producers/mcs in grime have little faith, just dont see the point, or just dont care at this point. but hey if theyre alright with people exchanging their tunes on the net for free, when they could make an extra bit of change, then so be it. although, to be fair, you can get some good grime mp3s from maniac, dva etc on dubplate net.

outraygeous

I agree, I'm listening to a recent recording of JJ on Rinse right now and within the first ten or so minutes I've already heard Bigshot's "Stomp", Davinche's remix of "Jam Hot", and Dexplicit's "Wakadooza".

The real problem is that these tunes were all released during a time when loads of instrumentals were being released all the time. That's why all the DJs have them in the bag.

Grime producers need to wake up to digital downloading and release their big riddims on a regular basis and I guarantee you'll see an increased interest in newer grime productions. There is basically no reason not to at this point.

As I finished typing this Spyro has jumped on deck and is playing Skepta's "D.T.I."

i think part of djs playing these tunes is that they are fun to mix.

grime heads need to get on that bandcamp site to release music

Elijah

Butterz

Its lazy DJing. They can get new tunes whenever they want. And there were loads of great tunes released between 2003-2009 that dont get a lot of play, but they resort to the baitest. Kind of boring. So that aint nothing to do with releases, it's to do with preference.