GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

while in a way jungle > grime has a kind of downcast militancy to it, fatigues, vests boots for jungle, hoods up all the way for grime.

It was all Moschino shirts and Versace trousers when I was going to Jungle raves. They are still in my wardrobe :D

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I swear, grimepedia needs to be a little bit more than just poorly written copy and pasted myspace bios. Some copy-editing would go a long way as well. I am willing to help with this if necessary. Actually, I'd also be into helping out wherever needed with grimedigital too, if only to see it actually happen.

I swear, grimepedia needs to be a little bit more than just poorly written copy and pasted myspace bios. Some copy-editing would go a long way as well. I am willing to help with this if necessary. Actually, I'd also be into helping out wherever needed with grimedigital too, if only to see it actually happen.

hijimi@gmail.com - tell him I gave you his email address and go from there

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Yes but also what is wrong with looking great, why do ppl have to apologise for it?
It's not an objection to looking great in itself, it's more an objection to nights where if you haven't got the armani and the right haircut and if girls haven't gone for makeup and heels you won't get in / will be made to feel out of place.

I dunno, I can see arguments for both side, I often find myself wishing dubstep nights felt a bit more like a party and a bit less like, I dunno, a teenager's bedroom. On the other hand I'm distinctly ambivalent about actually going out to places where fitting in with a fairly expensive look is basically mandatory, even if I recognise that great music can come out of those places...

viktorvaughn

co-op always had a smart crowd and blokes actually dancing properly, really showy (in a good way) without being drunk or on anything.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Now that a lot of grime artists are actually seeing some decent cash (Dizzee, Wiley, Tinchy Stryder, Chipmunk, Skepta), you find a lot more talk about the glamorous lifestyle in grime lyrics: lots of mentions of cash, champagne, and expensive clothes.

The prediction that grime and funky will continue to fuse and mutate together in the future isn't such a bad one when you consider that the lifestyle promoted along with funky club nights (nice clothes, champagne, girls) is now one that interests more grime MC's. The more successful MC's now have the money to spend on it, and the younger or up-and-coming MC's aspire to be them.

Perhaps "Too Many Man" will be revealed to be a much more defining track than it has been given credit for?

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Haha, it does amuse me how drinking champagne - or better still, conspicously ordering it for your friends/random people you've just met - has sort of become the standard way of signifying that you've suddenly become rich. I think if I ever become rich I'd carefully avoid and drink, I dunno, malts and high-class brandy maybe? Upper-class stylee. :)
More serious thoughts on the clothes thing to come in a sec..

hint

party record with a siren
new skepta instrumental uses the Frere Jaques melody :(:confused::eek:

ell oh ell smiley face

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
new skepta instrumental uses the Frere Jaques melody :(:confused::eek:

This reminds me of a time when a mate of mine was all excited about this track he'd just put together. He'd finished it and finally got around to playing it to me for the first time and all I could really comment was "You do realize you've remixed Three Blind Mice right?" He didn't.

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>