GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
That frere jacques riddim was on when I tuned into rinse the other day with tempz etc. on mic

so I had to turn it off soon after

gumdrops

does anyone still do grime on sundays on rinse? every time i tune in its usually repeats or house. although i saw vectra was on yesterday. i just missed it.

Elijah

Butterz
does anyone still do grime on sundays on rinse? every time i tune in its usually repeats or house. although i saw vectra was on yesterday. i just missed it.

Spyros - 3-5 - But was absent yesterday due to V Festival - He has been hinting recently he dont want to do Grime anymore, but I will keep him on it if I can.
Vectra 5-7 - Grime, normally with Badness
Tubby 7-9 - Dubstep now
Karnage 9-11 - Always has a mixture of guests
FWD 11-1
JJ - Grime, has guests most of the time

Simon78

Spyros - 3-5 - But was absent yesterday due to V Festival - He has been hinting recently he dont want to do Grime anymore, but I will keep him on it if I can.

WTF? This can't happen, he is my favourite DJ :(

Any idea of set times for Friday Elijah?

Simon78

Im on 11-12 - Spooky is on with Tempz at 2. Not sure about anyone else.

Spooky & Tempz is going to be HYPE! hopefully he plays loads of his own produtions. I'm only going to Chockablock for the grime so I could do with Magic & Ice Kid being on somewhere between 12-2, I will get my Funky fix at Beyond the week after.

Just listening to Roll Deep Feat So Solid Kids & Roll Deep Feat Wile Out Onez off the Aim High 2 cd, so good. Danny Weed production is quality, is he still writing stuff?

mos dan

fact music
Spooky & Tempz is going to be HYPE! hopefully he plays loads of his own produtions. I'm only going to Chockablock for the grime so I could do with Magic & Ice Kid being on somewhere between 12-2, I will get my Funky fix at Beyond the week after.

Just listening to Roll Deep Feat So Solid Kids

i know these bars basically off by heart for some reason "i bet you never knew that / we're. bi. gger. than. your. girl. friend's. tits"

spooky + tempz is an absolutely ideal combo seriously. is anyone likely to record? i can't go :( :( :(

EDIT: whatever happened to the so solid kids? skip/skit whatever his name is on southside allstars getting mobbed by girls. i saw him and his crew hanging out in the burger king in clapham junction station at least twice when i still lived down south.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
http://www.puregrime.co.uk/
What is the status of this site, in terms of legitimacy, opinions of the artists, etc? I'm thinking of registering to pick up a few out-of-stock tunes, but I don't really want to get into anything that is dodgy scene-politics wise.

haha, well I wasn't going to post it publicly. That site is the centre for virtually all grime bootlegging. Looked down on extremely unfavourably by the scene. It is useful for a number of things though including shitty quality mp3s of old grime riddims, unreleased tunes, radio sets, etc. and for hearing mixtapes you know better than to buy without hearing first.

gumdrops

i remember reading an interview with lil silva saying how he hated puregrime cos people would upload all his tracks.

as far as grime on rinse on sundays then, it doesnt seem that encouraging does it? :( suppose its going to become even more niche now, with funky leading, then dubstep, then grime way out in 3rd place.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

I noticed his tune had changed a bit on that interview he did for Rinse ("What does Rinse mean to you?"). He was mentioning how he likes to play a bit more of a mix of genres now: old school, funky, etc.

I didn't realize he didn't want to do grime at ALL anymore tho?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
haha, well I wasn't going to post it publicly. That site is the centre for virtually all grime bootlegging. Looked down on extremely unfavourably by the scene. It is useful for a number of things though including shitty quality mp3s of old grime riddims, unreleased tunes, radio sets, etc. and for hearing mixtapes you know better than to buy without hearing first.

Oh I see, it is that site then. Hmm, I'll have to think carefully about what I want to do here.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
i remember reading an interview with lil silva saying how he hated puregrime cos people would upload all his tracks.

as far as grime on rinse on sundays then, it doesnt seem that encouraging does it? :( suppose its going to become even more niche now, with funky leading, then dubstep, then grime way out in 3rd place.

Not really! Even if you want to say that Spyro doesn't play grime (which for now, he still does) AND you don't want to count Tubby, Grime occupies 6 of those 12 hours and that's if there is no grime DJ on the FWD broadcast.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal

Yeah, even as the person who always bangs on about stations and shows playing a mix of music, I do feel it's all gone a bit too far towards grime getting marginalised on what used to be one of its main stations.
The sad thing is that in principle Rinse, as a non-commercial pirate station, shouldn't have to be concerned with things like chasing listener numbers. Obv playing a certain ammount of house/funky must help them in terms of getting people to pay them to advertise raves etc, but they ought to be able to make room for a decent number of grime shows to. Unless it really is the case that not many DJs want to play it any more, which is even worse news... :(

gumdrops

theres some other guys still doing it - theres that new dj whose name i cant remember who does some very early morning show one night, then jj, butterz, etc. but yeah, half the time i hear vectra or spyro they seem to just be playing old stuff. ive said this before i know, but i dont see the point in shows of grime golden oldies. wheres the future in that? i know maximum seems to play a fair amount of new dubs so maybe its just that im not bothering to tune in as much as i used to or that im being over harsh, but rinse needs to make sure the grime djs play new stuff if theyre really repping the genre. you dont see dubstep djs playing so many old dubs.

i dont think the reason for them getting rid of grime djs is really the same as a legal station, its more just the usual way pirates work, new scenes coming through, replacing the old ones etc etc. when grime and dubstep were coming up/dominating rinse, it still had old ukg shows.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
i dont think the reason for them getting rid of grime djs is really the same as a legal station, its more just the usual way pirates work, new scenes coming through, replacing the old ones etc etc. when grime and dubstep were coming up/dominating rinse, it still had old ukg shows.

Yeah I suppose that does make a lot of sense. It's a shame though because to me grime still has potential, it doesn't feel like something that's running out steam; in fact if anything imo 2008-9 has seen a bit of a return to form with it, esp in terms of productions. Maybe to an extent it's just the way of the world. Silencer getting a show at a decent enough time would be one positive thing, I guess.