GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

benjybars

village elder.
There is no way in hell I'm ordering from a shop I even THINK is run by Wiley until I know one other person who has successfully got something from there and been satisfied with it.

I'd like an alternative though because UKRS are the shittest music retailers I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I try to avoid them at all costs.

read nothing but good things about avalanche on rwd (and u know it's get slated on there if it was even remotely waste!)

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I don't think Wiley's involved in Avalanche anymore

We've got Ruff Sqwad and P Money vinyl coming out soon

Anyone hear what happens when an artist catches up with a bootlegger? (Frisco on par)

I know its late but

earlier on someone said something like all Terror's tunes sound like 'creepy crawler' which is a madness lol

I'm a big fan of the mans work (which is known) but I can be objective at ALL times...believe dat but I just wanna know how 'red dust', 'limbo', '10 out of 10', 'raeman', 'planet shock', 'reloadz' or the other multitude of varied tunes sound like 'creepy crawler'? but then maniac and old (which are classic beats but obv repetitions) and even new (you gotta be joking lol) wiley get ratings? forget that UKRS have messed around with the mixtape (its looks...shocking lol) for a second and just focus on the music

anyway...its with that that I say later to Dissensus

over the New Year I've been thinking about things and been going through a lot which just means I won't be posting here as much as I used to

I've learnt a lot here and hopefully shared a lot and will still lurk from time to time but...yeah lol

sorry for posting like I'm someone but take care ppl and keep tryna promote the hood music! the world needs it!

belated Happy New Ear mutha luvas!

p.s oh yeah this might be waay late but I've been told

Trim vs. Flo Dan
Riko vs. Goodz

dubs have been made ;)

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I don't think Wiley's involved in Avalanche anymore

We've got Ruff Sqwad and P Money vinyl coming out soon

Anyone hear what happens when an artist catches up with a bootlegger? (Frisco on par)

Please tell me its going to be What Did He Say with an inst. on the flip. If so, you can consider one copy already sold.

I'm glad to see that you lot are putting out more releases, I was wondering what was going on there for a bit.

john eden

male pale and stale
Well I'm now on order two - will let you know how it goes. I doubt very much that Wiley is there himself with a big box of jiffy bags...:)

My CD from Avalanche arrived in less than 24 hours. Impressive!

Tips for dealing with UKRC:

1) Only order stuff which is in stock, never pre-order.
2) Try to order during working hours in the UK.

Looking back over my account with them I spent something in the region of £220 quid with UK Record Shop last year and I've never had a problem with them.

benjybars

village elder.
Please tell me its going to be What Did He Say with an inst. on the flip. If so, you can consider one copy already sold.

I'm glad to see that you lot are putting out more releases, I was wondering what was going on there for a bit.

"they're like hold on, what did he say" !!!!

cannot get that bar out my head. proper chatting it on my bike lyric.:)

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
"they're like hold on, what did he say" !!!!

cannot get that bar out my head. proper chatting it on my bike lyric.:)

Heh grime earworms, good thread!

'With a man that assassinate to get paid
We jump out lookin for the man that hate
BULLSEYE! I think today's pay day

I can see one brer with an 8 bill chain
I just hope you got the 8 mil m8
Oh m8 that's bling's drivin me insane
i can get a quick six for that on the estate

No there's no gettin rid of me
no chance
no not by a long shot
everyone knows that I'm on it all day long'

I still come back to that when I'm tired, it rolls around like a pisshead in my brain.

Last edited:

benjybars

village elder.
Heh grime earworms, good thread!

'With a man that assassinate to get paid
We jump out lookin for the man that hate
BULLSEYE! I think today's pay day

I can see one brer with an 8 bill chain
I just hope you got the 8 mil m8
Oh m8 that's bling's drivin me insane
i can get a quick six for that on the estate

No there's no gettin rid of me
no chance
no not by a long shot
everyone knows that I'm on it all day long'

I still come back to that when I'm tired, it rolls around like a pisshead in my brain.

if goin old-skool then it'd have to be:

dizzee rascal lyrical tank
goin on dirty goin on stank
robbin MCs like barclays bank
boxin MCs like my name was frank

that gets bare wheel-ups in my head! (was also the first grime bar i ever heard.. mainly because my rowdy friend sofia always used to sing it in our gcse spanish class..)

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
if goin old-skool then it'd have to be:

that gets bare wheel-ups in my head! (was also the first grime bar i ever heard.. mainly because my rowdy friend sofia always used to sing it in our gcse spanish class..)

yeah, absolutely classic. Those are the ones that go round my head all the time.

blubeat

blubeat
I ordered Peng Food, Hardrive Vol 1 and, belatedly, the free Sama mix on Thursday from UkRecordshop and they all arrived today (Saturday) so that's two in a row from them and I think they have my confidence again which means they will also be having my cash!

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I just ordered Peng Food and Hard Day's Graft from Avalanche and they only charged me 15 quid, but I live in Canada right now. Surely this is a fuck up - UK Record Shop charge a good 12 pounds international shipping per record.

spooky girlfriend

Wild Horses
Yeah, by being 'culturally' unsuccessful - in the way that I think people were excepting grime to 'blow' or whatever, its paradoxically become much more of a scene, a culture, than it would have done had IT BEEN POSSIBLE for artists to become successful in the mainstream. I do think it's very London though, I like it for that.

I think the filesharing thing is interesting for me, cos I've had to find and go on the sites just to try and keep up with what's going on and who's doing what, to understand. I really don't know how you would do it otherwise.

It'd be good to see what your findings are when yer done with yr study, if you're up for people reading it.

For sure... I'm a good 9 months into my grime experience, and along the way I've been sucked into dubstep and dancehall - the rich culture you mention is what appeals to me so much, especially from where I'm based. Woofah 1 was an eye opener.

There's a tendency for sweeping generalizations about grime, but as mentioned, the scene's so prolific and built on such strong foundations it's impossible for the scene to 'die'. It's a double-edged sword ofcourse, but this year we've already had the Lava Continues, Peng Food and Coins 2 Notes, all hype.

Still, it'd be great if more people could understand grime in it's true context, rather than dismissing it as double-time rapping (in my experience these people aren't worth trying to convert anyway :slanted:)
Besides if all goes according to plan North Norfolk bashments will soon become the stuff of legend...

Does anybody have any tips for filesharing sites I might be missing?

Oh and cheers rockpoppy for the Ruff Sqwad classics!

tom pr

One of my favourite moments of music ever is Dizzee doing those bars over Creeper on that Slimzee Sidewinder bonus set posted earlier in this thread.

The grime ear-worms that rotate the most in my head though are all Trim...

think of a number and suck your mum times that,
divide it by two and suck your dad,
i saw your nan in yellow pages,
tracksuits with matching hats

tom pr

I'm also often found laughing to myself walking down the street when picturing the wasteman from the Ave Some of That video:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

continuum

smugpolice
from Prancehall's blog...

Bibles, Bibles
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>