GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

hyperfrank

Wild Horses
Yeah I think Tinchy is proper coming along too. Anyone got the Cloud 9 EP?

Not sure about Trim's talking dubs etc. I would rather hear him talk than most MCs talk but I'd still rather him MC.

Slix's tunes on his myspace are also great in a sweetboy way. His MCing is sounding so accomplished.

yeah I've got it
it's not too bad a good few bangers on there that would get a skankers in a club.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Anyone listened to the Durrty Goodz takeover of Semtex's 1xtra show?

Its like he can't stop spitting whenever theres a beat, and it all sounds amazing. If I wasn't already excited enough about Born Blessed, I am now.

The bit where he goes 'wheeel! come on semtex, use those hands' had me falling off my seat in laughter. Durrty's just amazing, isn't he? He's permanently 'on'.

There's some tracks on Tinchy's myspace from the EP, plus a new track where he's rhyming over some fucked up African chant type beat, it's good. I'm well impressed with what he's doing, his straight flows are wickedly complex, and his songs are proper poppy, it's a good combination.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
The bit where he goes 'wheeel! come on semtex, use those hands' had me falling off my seat in laughter. Durrty's just amazing, isn't he? He's permanently 'on'.

There's some tracks on Tinchy's myspace from the EP, plus a new track where he's rhyming over some fucked up African chant type beat, it's good. I'm well impressed with what he's doing, his straight flows are wickedly complex, and his songs are proper poppy, it's a good combination.

Tinchy Stryder has always, and likely will always, be in my top 5. No one can touch his relentless monotone flow. He's unstoppable. The content of his lyrics and the way he delivers them really just embodies grime for me in a lot of ways.

I'm really excited about this mixtape. This Six 4 Fire freestyle is savage.

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Tinchy Stryder has always, and likely will always, be in my top 5. No one can touch his relentless monotone flow. He's unstoppable. The content of his lyrics and the way he delivers them really just embodies grime for me in a lot of ways.

I'm really excited about this mixtape. This Six 4 Fire freestyle is savage.

It's really good to hear you say that cos I'm a bit out of the loop - in that I don't go out much - and that Six 4 Fire thing is really just completely amazing, I wanted to say it's the best thing he's done since Desert Storm and then I went back, and man, his back catalogue is just so ridiculously good. History's gonna be so good to him, alongside Wiley and the Newhams I reckon, if they ever fucking release something.

tom pr

clicks, whistles and radio rips 001 is up.

It's me and Raven Baker's new Fact column- there's loads of grime, dubstep and baltimore stuff, mostly videos and downloadable audio, plus an interview with Slix, a Toddla T mix that before now was available to about 150 people in Sheffield, Ben UFO's Bristol Takeover write-up, Blaqstarr, OGz, Death Set, Adam Gonzo, Joker... any criticism/feedback from you lot is much appreciated.

benjybars

village elder.
Goodz is the best thing in music right now.

i've said this before and everyone always shouts at me and i'll probably get shouted at again now but.... i really don't understand all the hype about goodz! seriously, i think his voice sounds a bit rubbish.. can no-one else hear a slight american twang every now and again??? ok, he can obviously MC, and seeing as every other person in the world thinks he's amazing i should probably just accept it, but there's at least 20 other MCs i'd rather listen to before goodz.

maybe i just need to see him live before i get it..

Benny Bunter

i've said this before and everyone always shouts at me and i'll probably get shouted at again now but.... i really don't understand all the hype about goodz! seriously, i think his voice sounds a bit rubbish.. can no-one else hear a slight american twang every now and again???

I think Goodz is quite open about his American Hip hop influences isn't he? Not a problem for me as long as he keeps up the quality of the Axiom EP...

UFO over easy

online mahjong
i've said this before and everyone always shouts at me and i'll probably get shouted at again now but.... i really don't understand all the hype about goodz! seriously, i think his voice sounds a bit rubbish.. can no-one else hear a slight american twang every now and again??? ok, he can obviously MC, and seeing as every other person in the world thinks he's amazing i should probably just accept it, but there's at least 20 other MCs i'd rather listen to before goodz.

his tone of voice can be a bit irritating I agree

but he's amazing

on an objective, technical level you can see how talented he is surely?

maybe i just need to see him live before i get it..

This is what I've always thought. Objectively, I can see that he is technically sick, but his voice does put me off. Just doesn't quite sound natural.

benjybars

village elder.

but he's amazing

yeah for sure. he can definitely handle the mic...

but how can people not find his american inflections annoying??! allow that in grime... comes like some b-live mc :p

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

but he's amazing

Of course though, in music, judging things objectively and technically can sometimes get out of control.

I can see what is being said here, and initially I felt the same way about Doogz: that he was an over-technical MC, albeit impressively so, who I preferred more when he was on more of a yardie tip and less of an American one (an influence which tends to do more bad than good in grime). I guess I do still feel this way, but I really can't argue with Axiom EP.

He's not really my style of MC, I prefer those who lean harder on style than syllable mastery, but I can't be reductive and say that my criticism of him is as deep as he gets. He is a brilliant (and I mean brilliant) lyricist, who has an extraordinary talent for choosing beats and turning those beats into great tracks, which is a problem everyone to Wiley and back has accomplishing consistently. He also appears to have a sense of passion for and sense of direction about the music he makes that sadly outshines a lot of artists in the game, and I'm not going to disrespect that for a second.

For any of those getting tired of this "skippy" MC obsession though check "Breathe" off Frisco's new mixtape Peng Food. It made me laugh anyway. All I can think of when I hear it is Devlin - who DOES deserve the criticism of an MC who tries far too hard to be overly-technical but ends up being vapid.

Last edited:

gumdrops

doogz/goodz sounded like a bit of an idiot (to my surprise) on semtexs show the other day. he kept saying 'you get me' after every sentence! hes good, technically amazing, but i find something about him a bit dry, so while i admire him and axiom a LOT, i dont really go back to listen to it much. hes better than a lot of other technically focused mcs though, just cos his technique really IS something to marvel at.