GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

video is really good (though not sure why women in lingerie are in it). kinda like sirens. wouldnt be surprised if its the same director. song isnt bad... it does what its trying to do well. could do with a zomby where were you in 92 remix though ;) i just hope the rest of the album is grime and not a bit of this and a bit of that. if they blow it with the album after this, i will hate dizzee forever lol but still, i dunno how you could not be excited for it after the last three videos.

this video is sick, definately hyped for this album to drop - kind of wanted more emphasis on dee and footsie to be honest, but i still like this quite arty/cold direction

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
that newham gens sounds horrible. i don't likeit one bit. and i am a newham general.

You can tell they've been playing live alot, it'll go down really well in a gig setting, regardless of how good it is, it's effective, and you need a few of them for a good live set.

luka

yeah that makes sense, festival or something. cant help thinking it sounds really dated.
sounds a lot like apollo 440.

luka

its just the uk music market. it is what it is. im hoping it will be become increasingly easy to bypass the uk mass market altogether and reach a global underground, even if it is a bit spazzy like diplo style or whatever, its not that big a problem, so long as it means the music can be what it wants to be.

gumdrops

its only one track. as long as the rest of the album is grime, i dont care too much. its like when rappers would do one sort of radio friendly tune in the early-mid 90s. (now its gone totally the other way where you have one hardcore tune and the rest is mor mush). either way its a tiny bit better than doing some electro house or R&B tune (though saying that i dont mind that skepta sunglasses tune or the tinchy and taio single, for what it is). this reminds me of a comment questlove made when he said people dont judge music on whether its 'good' anymore, but on its effectiveness.

Last edited:
that newham gens sounds horrible. i don't likeit one bit. and i am a newham general.

footsie murks it, his voice is so much heavier and can take the distortion a bit more, dee is just a little lost

beat is just a little uninspired and i wish it was more of a murking no chorus slewage of hype

video, is still sick - one of the most professional grime videos ive seen, although i way prefer the bell dem slags preview

mos dan

fact music
nice of the producers to make the vocals incomprehensible in the mix so that we can all enjoy their great track,:(

it's horrible, messy, and a disgraceful waste of d double. more fine work on the newham gens by dirtee stank. how long exactly is it that we've been waiting for.. that?

i think its done on purpose though. so its more about the 'track', rather than the song.

i'd hate to get distracted from that half-arsed mid-90s-esque wank by something like, say, one of the best mcs in grime. no one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the music-buying public tho, eh?

sorry to be so negative and snarky, i'm sure there's better to come. apollo 440 is right tho :(

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Hmmm...

I dunno, I guess the tune is alright. I'm not sure that it has any more commercial effectiveness being a breaks/hardcore-type beat. I think the real shame is that you just can't hear DEE's trademark bars, those lines are legendary!

The video is nice, very professional, but because of the music I much prefer Violence and Slags.

gumdrops

of course violence and bell dem are a 100 times better. this is just the album's sirens/fix up look sharp. plus the 90s are sort of the new 80s. anyway, if you think about all the footsie/tubby beats that should end up on it, this album still has the potential to be great. only thing thats puzzling me so far is why dee wasnt on violence and why hes not on head get mangled as much as footsie. im all for fucking with the verse-hook-verse format but it should have just been footsie and dee non stop merking one after the other ;)

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
it's pretty poor, like everyones saying what the fuck does that track have to do with anything?
i don't like the video either really, pretty unimaginative shit even if it's shot nice.

claphands

Poorly-known member
ultrasound: some parts are a bit too gimmicky at times with the beat selection and content (though I love goodz over snake eater), but I felt that way about axiom and it grew on me. also his chorus/hooks take awhile to grow on me sometimes.

overall I'm digging it though and it's a grime mixtape where I didn't skip any songs after listening to it back to back, which is saying something.

petergunn

plywood violin
ultrasound: some parts are a bit too gimmicky at times with the beat selection and content (though I love goodz over snake eater), but I felt that way about axiom and it grew on me. also his chorus/hooks take awhile to grow on me sometimes.

overall I'm digging it though and it's a grime mixtape where I didn't skip any songs after listening to it back to back, which is saying something.

making a 4/4 electro/bassline party track with the chorus talking about how you are finally making a 4/4 electro bassline party track in some detached manner = a terrible idea

claphands

Poorly-known member
his r&b (half) song is all about it ironically being an r&b song too which is annoyingly gimmicky as well.

I didn't skip either track though

benjybars

village elder.
it's pretty poor, like everyones saying what the fuck does that track have to do with anything?
i don't like the video either really, pretty unimaginative shit even if it's shot nice.

yeah the video's nearly amazing. but it's actually a bit rubbish.