GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
Oh right, that one. Didn't realize it was a single. Makes perfect sense why it is though.

Tinchy's on the gal dem ting.

This was my over-riding thought when listening to the album. The fact that every girl I know goes 'awwww, Tincheeeeeee' whenever he comes up in conversation (or would, if every girl I knew had heard of him) has got to add to his saleability right? In fact someone get the guy in Young Voices magazine, stat!

gumdrops

when does this rinse 01 mix cd or comp or whatever it is come out? thats the only thing i care about buying grime-wise right now to be honest, although ill check out the tinchy album too. not got many expectations for it though.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
This was my over-riding thought when listening to the album. The fact that every girl I know goes 'awwww, Tincheeeeeee' whenever he comes up in conversation (or would, if every girl I knew had heard of him) has got to add to his saleability right? In fact someone get the guy in Young Voices magazine, stat!

When you think about it, if this album is all people say it is, he really is making Kano look like Big Chief Running Wastebear.

Edit: After I wrote this, I took a piss and while doing so had a chance to step back and realize I really go way too hard on old K.A. While Tinchy's "girly" tracks kick the shit out of Kano's it may have been unfair to dismiss him figuratively as a Native American leader of bullshit.

Last edited:

DJL

i'm joking
Recently made a Grime mix for a female friend of mine who had no experience of the sound beyond Dizzee Rascal. It went down well so thought I would share it here also -

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8mw9fd9qdys

MonsterCity.jpg

Artwork by Arcane - www.myspace.com/arcane23

Tracklisting:
So Sure - Sadie ft. Kano
Who Is She - Lady Ny
Friends - Sub Zero
W - Mercston ft. Plague A Lero
Marijuana (Ft. Frisco) - Wiley
You're Taking The Piss (Prod. By Rapid) - Jammer
Stage Show (Prod. By Skepta) - Jammer
Best Striker (Ft Scorcher, Lil Dee) - Eskiboy
Ghost Town - Discarda
Pricks (Prod. By Bless Beats) - Jammer
In Da Ghetto - Trimbal
Opidope - Opium Tree
You Can't Tell Me Nuffin' - Dizzee Rascal
Bow E3 - Wiley
Celebrate - Roll Deep
Roll Deep Regular - Roll Deep
Saved Soul (Booty Mix) - DJ Narrows
Come Again - Ivan O
Messy ft. Gemma Fox - Youngstar

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Did anyone happen to see Dizzee on the Channel 4 Chart show the other night performing Old School/ Pussyole?

Watching him be interviewed with that arse-licking Northern presenter and then go up on that same stage the Manic Street Preachers were playing on moments before and go into a song where he slags off Wiley and talks about how pirate radio was "just a phase" for him made me sick to my stomach.

I'm not really sure it's an issue of his wanting to be an "artist" (which in my mind he's become less of anyhow), and more of his total air of condescension and disrespect for the scene he came from - as if making shit nu-metal tunes and ones featuring Lily Allen has made him more respectable or talented than anybody else.

DJL

i'm joking
Did anyone happen to see Dizzee on the Channel 4 Chart show the other night performing Old School/ Pussyole?

Watching him be interviewed with that arse-licking Northern presenter and then go up on that same stage the Manic Street Preachers were playing on moments before and go into a song where he slags off Wiley and talks about how pirate radio was "just a phase" for him made me sick to my stomach.

I'm not really sure it's an issue of his wanting to be an "artist" (which in my mind he's become less of anyhow), and more of his total air of condescension and disrespect for the scene he came from - as if making shit nu-metal tunes and ones featuring Lily Allen has made him more respectable or talented than anybody else.

Dizzee has bitten off more than he can chew and is making a fool of himself. He is gone now though and always has BITC to fall back on when anyone says he is not paying his dues or showing disrespect. BITC was, is and always will be his ticket to do what the fuck he wants...

gumdrops

yeah i think its time to stop worrying about dizzee. he just wants to be a big pop artist now and thats it. im more worried about where the next dizzees are. thats what you have to worry about, not what dizzee is doing now. he made his feelings clear about grime years back.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
yeah i think its time to stop worrying about dizzee. he just wants to be a big pop artist now and thats it. im more worried about where the next dizzees are. thats what you have to worry about, not what dizzee is doing now. he made his feelings clear about grime years back.

I agree, but I'm not worrying about Dizzee's venture away from being a grime artist - I'm addressing his contemptuous attitude towards the time when he was.

Last edited:

hyperfrank

Wild Horses
Just seen Dizzee leave a blog about his BOW SELECTOR documentary which was aired quite a while back but is being repeated tonight at midnight. Did anyone by chance get to see this?

mos dan

fact music
I agree, but I'm not worrying about Dizzee's venture away from being a grime artist - I'm addressing his contemptuous attitude towards the time when he was.

innit. not a big fan of people rewriting (or at least besmirching) history.

didn't see bow selector, but i can manage without tbh.

tox

Factory Girl
Just seen Dizzee leave a blog about his BOW SELECTOR documentary which was aired quite a while back but is being repeated tonight at midnight. Did anyone by chance get to see this?

Worth a look if you've got a spare half hour. You'll prob not hear anything new if you're a bit of a grime fan, but interesting still.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
He speaks kindly of Wiley and Roll Deep in it, and you get to hear Lily Allen's real voice, for comedy value.

So it's good for several reasons.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
TRACKLISTINGS 2007/07/30

TINCHY STRYDER FT CHIPMUNK / SORRY YOU ARE / ADAMANTIUM
TINCHY STRYDER / DANCE 4 NOW / TAKEOVER ***NEW***
TINCHY STRYDER FT CYLEENA / SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR SMILE / TAKEOVER
KANO FT CRAIG DAVID / THIS IS THE GIRL / 679
KANO / PRODUCT OF MY ENVIRONMENT / 679 ***NEW***
50 CENT / AYO TECHNOLOGY (YOUNGSTAR REMIX) / DUB ***NEW***
DURRTY GOODZ / DURRTY WHIRL / AWKWARD
SHAMELESS FT BRUZA / SHAME ON YOU / FOOD 4DA BRAIN ***NEW***
REVOLVER / WAR / CB ***NEW***
TINCHY STRYDER FT RAPID / WAR WITH / RUFF SQWAD
SMASHER / BACK IN THE DAY PT 2 / DUB
RANDOM IMPULSE / SUICIDE / REIGNAISSANCE ***NEW***
WILEY / IF YOU'RE GOIN OUT I'M GOIN OUT TOO / ESKIBEAT
NEWHAM GENERALS / SOLDIER (LIVE) / DIRTEE STANK
DVA FT GHOSTMAN, LYKEZ, CHIPMUNK & BLESS BEATS / KILL ALL A DEM / DUB ***NEW***
*WILEY / IT'S A PAR / ESKIBEAT*
NASTY JACK / MY NAME IS / ADAMANTIUM
TINCHY STRYDER FT FUDA GUY / WORKING 4 DAYS / TAKEOVER ***NEW***
TINCHY STRYDER FT DIRTY DANGER / WATCH MORE THAN YOUR BACK / RUFF SQWAD
DIZZEE RASCAL / CAN'T TELL ME NOTHIN / XL
DOT ROTTEN, BRUTAL & GRIMINAL / YOU THINK YOU'RE BIG / N.A.S.T.Y. UK
BLACK DA RIPPER / ALLOW IT / DUB
P MONEY / KNIGHTRIDER FREESTYLE / DUB
BLACK THE RIPPER / WOW / DUB
WILEY FT FLOWDAN, TINCHY STRYDER & MESSY / IT'S A PAR / ESKIBEAT ***NEW***
FLOWDAN FT BLESS BEATS / NIGHTLIFE PT 1 / ROLL DEEP
DOCTOR FT ATL / DO IT (MANIAC REMIX) / GPP
DURRTY GOODZ FT NY / GIVE ME THE MUSIC / AWKWARD
WRETCH 32 / THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY / M.O.V.E.M.E.N.T.
DEVLIN / SUPER TRIGGER FREESTYLE / OT
GRIMINAL / IT'S A LOT / N.A.S.T.Y. UK
WILEY / REAL GRIME KID / ESKIBEAT
AFTERSHOCK / WARNING (PAUL FYNN REMIX) / AFTERSHOCK
GHETTO / I'M GHETTS / J CLARKE
SKEPTA / NO QUALMS ACAPELLA / BIG DADA

You can download the whole show from my filefront page:

http://hosted.filefront.com/adamantiummusic

Or direct link:

Click Here

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
That XTC track "Workin for Days' is bad, I'd buy it for that alone, that guy should do more, his ear is really fuckin good.

Last edited:

DJL

i'm joking
This is the last one from me for a little while as I'm about to move house.
Hope you enjoy :)

MONSTER CITY VOL2

Download here - http://www.mediafire.com/?52nvdnybjuf

MonsterCity2.jpg

Artwork by Arcane - www.myspace.com/arcane23

Tracklisting:
Story In Wycombe Skit - Illustrate
Your Going Out [Instrumental] - Wiley
Your Going Out So Am I - Wiley
Trigger Happy - Shotz
Passion - GB
Asian - S.K.I.T.Z Beatz