DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

viktorvaughn

Don't really understand the slating of trip-hop. Sure it got watered down and slapped with a shit label but Tricky made some incredible music...one of the finist individuals canons of the 90s in my opinion. Perhaps 'Angels with dirty faces' is even slightly like 'memories of the future' with its dark introspection, mournfulness and whispery rapping? Top LP. His first 3 or maybe 4 are all good.

Right im going to listen to that on the bus home tonight!

gek-opel

entered apprentice
burial = dance music ???

...thats so funny !!!

could somebody please youtube people dancing to burial in a club...

...I gotta see that to believe it

I have seen people dancing at DMZ to "Distant Lights", though I would actually posit "Versus" as the best Burial tune to inspire dancing if played out. Maybe the stuff on the album is a little bit more home-listening based, but Burial can knock out dancefloor tracks the equal of anyone!

Last edited:
P

Parson

"the first three artist albums it's produced" ... ? Dubstep didn't start with these three LPs, people in this debate shouldnt keep forgetting Horsepower's In Fine Style. Not to mention HP's second LP (not as strong I know) and Zed Bias' two LPs.

popped in Scorn's Zander lp last week and it is straight up dubstep from 97

complete with sparse, minimal halfstep, dark atmosphere and wobble bass

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:4y67mppf9f5o

Last edited:

boomnoise

♫
Burial is The Wire's record of the year. Also a nice dubstep round up which gives a mention to dissensus (props to Chris Sharp) and Burial's highlights of the year. All in the January issue.

elgato

I just dont know
im quite tempted by a small flutter on burial for the mercury music prize. maybe im being naïve but i can just imagine it

pinch, distance and youngsta at fwd was one of the best things ever... some next level clubbing there, it was everything i'd hoped for plus a bit more

mms

sometimes
im quite tempted by a small flutter on burial for the mercury music prize. maybe im being naïve but i can just imagine it

pinch, distance and youngsta at fwd was one of the best things ever... some next level clubbing there, it was everything i'd hoped for plus a bit more

firstly mr nine would have to register it to enter the mercury prize, which means a entry fee of a few hundred, then that would go to the board of important people who would then point their magic thumbs up or down, either way..

Leo

was just listening to the skream stella session for november 30 (barefiles is back!) and he opened with a track that samples vocals by joanna newson! don't tell the kids at pitchfork. ;)

btw, after stepping away from it for a while, i'm starting to enjoy the skream cd much more. ok, it's not *great*, but i like the fact that he took the chance with a variety of different styles and sounds, even if some of them didn't quite hit the mark. could have easily played it safe but i give it up to him for pushing things a bit. no risk, no reward.

tox

Factory Girl
burial = dance music ???

...thats so funny !!!

could somebody please youtube people dancing to burial in a club...

...I gotta see that to believe it

I've seen Burial dropped in clubs a couple of times actually, although never by a dubstep DJ.

I remember Kieren Hebden playing southern comfort or something down at this years TDK festival and it went ooooofff. I don't see any reason why it can't be danced too...

Props to the observer for at least giving a nod to dubstep. Missed it myself, but I'll be digging it out of the recycling for a look in a bit!

mms

sometimes
Props to the observer for at least giving a nod to dubstep. Missed it myself, but I'll be digging it out of the recycling for a look in a bit!

well burial seems to be in the top lists of most music mags, papers this year.
which is good, the statemewnt about dancemusic in 2006 being about happy house made me laugh, i imagine that came from a misreading of a blog as there is no evidence!:)

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
was just listening to the skream stella session for november 30 (barefiles is back!) and he opened with a track that samples vocals by joanna newson! don't tell the kids at pitchfork. ;)

btw, after stepping away from it for a while, i'm starting to enjoy the skream cd much more. ok, it's not *great*, but i like the fact that he took the chance with a variety of different styles and sounds, even if some of them didn't quite hit the mark. could have easily played it safe but i give it up to him for pushing things a bit. no risk, no reward.

yeah lol- lets call the kids at pitchfork.
I heard one of the Hench crew drop that and then skream and I just had to find out who it was.

The Joanna Newsom remix is by a Finnish duo called Clouds and they call it "Shallow" . Its definitely catchy and a bit surprising .

I put that and some other Clouds stuff , a couple of D1 dubs and some new Random Trio on my december mix for subfm.

some people here might enjoy it.

tracklist and download link are located at the link below:
http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12213

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Reckon its worth going to FWD on New Years if its the only FWD I can catch on my Christmas holiday to London, and it means I have to ditch my friends and go to a nightclub all by myself on New Years?

I'm going with "no", but I might be convinced otherwise if it's that good.

It has to be THAT good though.

viktorvaughn

Reckon its worth going to FWD on New Years if its the only FWD I can catch on my Christmas holiday to London, and it means I have to ditch my friends and go to a nightclub all by myself on New Years?

I'm going with "no", but I might be convinced otherwise if it's that good.

It has to be THAT good though.

hehe..it should be good..im trekking down for it. managed to assemble a bit of a crew. heavy line-up, tho i wish they added another proper grime dj or two to the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.