DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

viktorvaughn

el-b at the next one, wish i was going.

the time i saw him at fwd was easily one of the most enjoyable sets ive ever seen there.

so up, so unashamedly happy music, but with a darker undertow.

mms

sometimes
what do you mean not minimal? seems like you must have a pretty restrictive idea of "minimal", do these not qualify?...

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=26178
http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=26215
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF239284-01-01-03.mp3

i thought the first two sets were very average, but i thought loefah killed it, matter of opinion though obviously. plastician and skepta were unbelievable though, worth the price of admission for that alone

yes i know what his music sounds like, and you and i will admit those are the two most minimal things he's done, ie they are a few simple elements and a kind of sleek driving techno sound, but his album, is a kind of good subtley made update of textbook artificial intelligence era brit electronica.

loefah was the better than the first two which were very dull, but loefahs kind of worked himself into a corner a bit, i'm enjoying the more 86-88 style hip hop influenced stufff, the t-la rock track at the beginning was a good starting point for the set, admittedly but it's still kind of colouring, nailing that to the halfstep sound, which seems to be an almost obvious progression.

yeah skepta and plastic were great but i'd had enough by then really.

elgato

I just dont know
this is true, i guess it just seemed to me that the outright dismissal of that gig with pinch as being of note is too strong. but i agree, a lot of his stuff is clearly in the ai vein

i guess a big problem is that almost all of the big 'minimal' figures are non-UK, so to draw together top minimal and dubstep djs is gonna be an expensive venture

mms

sometimes
this is true, i guess it just seemed to me that the outright dismissal of that gig with pinch as being of note is too strong. but i agree, a lot of his stuff is clearly in the ai vein

i guess a big problem is that almost all of the big 'minimal' figures are non-UK, so to draw together top minimal and dubstep djs is gonna be an expensive venture

well i wasn't saying it wasn't of note i was saying that rephlex has or had been crossing dubstep and grime artists with electroniky types, for a while now, as has p mu.

i'd imagine the sud electric people http://sudelectronic.com/temp-index/ who do very good underground min technosh parties, at strange and fun venues around london with alan (portable) and lakuti, at the helm would be the ideal partners in this venture, some of the kind of tracks portable makes would take well to dubstep mixes too. just needs some gentleman adventurer types to roll up and make it happen.
its not too important that it's just minimal as well is it?

elgato

I just dont know
i'd imagine the sud electric people http://sudelectronic.com/temp-index/ who do very good underground min technosh parties, at strange and fun venues around london with alan (portable) and lakuti, at the helm would be the ideal partners in this venture, some of the kind of tracks portable makes would take well to dubstep mixes too. just needs some gentleman adventurer types to roll up and make it happen.
its not too important that it's just minimal as well is it?

lol no by no means. thats one of the things that i was surprised to see in your original post. i think this is just crossed wires

but yeh that lot look good, there are quite a few good little dj collectives and such around, i guess it doesnt really need to be big name djs

tox

Factory Girl
So what's happened to Barefiles this time around?

All I can get is a "barefiles is closed" type message...

nomos

Administrator
heny g is yelling "liquid" right now on rinse.

sounds like the dolphins are just waiting in the wings. kinda easy listening. easy wobblin.

maybe i'm missing something.

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
heny g is yelling "liquid" right now on rinse.

sounds like the dolphins are just waiting in the wings. kinda easy listening. easy wobblin.

maybe i'm missing something.

lol

some very banging 4x4 on now, who is it at 12.40?

this tune Warlord is disgusting

tox

Factory Girl
Anyone heard the Burial remix of Jamie Woon's version of Wayfaring Stranger?

Hot. That's a link to the original, but the Burial remix is just unbelievable.

If Burial chooses to work with vocalists in the future I hope it goes along these kind of lines...

P

Parson

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

dubstep is just 2 dang famous

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
That track is big. If anyone wants to hear it, it probably is still up on Burial's myspace page.

Edit: Nevermind, it isn't anymore, but it is coming out on vinyl on LIVE recordings on February 5th. It's not a Burial record though it's a Jamie Woon record. Tracklisting:

A: Wayfaring Stranger
A1: Gravity

B: Wayfaring Stranger (Burial remix)
B1: Wayfaring Stranger (Stitch remix)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.