DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

adruu

This Is It
O.K., the new kode nine thing...on the last FWD-cast, right before Blue Note. After digesting the whole set, I think this one is a new favo. Got a name for it?

UFO over easy

online mahjong
adruu said:
O.K., the new kode nine thing...on the last FWD-cast, right before Blue Note. After digesting the whole set, I think this one is a new favo. Got a name for it?

No idea, but that's a personal favourite of mine too. Deep :) I love that little accordian style synth, nine's used it in a lot of tunes..

mms

sometimes
funny how they mention various as part of a dubstep article and say its not dubstep too :)
but will eclipse burial - it doesn't seem to have done that though, in terms of responses.

that looks ok to me that piece in general.

boomnoise

♫
it's not a bad article at all but how can anyone who's even just tipped their toe into the dubstep pool, mistake tempa for 'trama'???

Ned

Ruby Tuesday
Not sure which thread this should go in but Foreign Beggars have vocalled a track from Degenerate by Vex'd on their new mixtape and it's not at all bad.

rmw

Don Rosco said:
Bad form to quote myself, I know, but I need to know what the story with this track is:

Calenda - Foreva

Anyone in the know shed any light? I want this tune bad.

calenda is jason h. tune is famous for making kode9 say 'fucking hell' live on rinse when jason h dropped it in a b2b show. so yes it's good. no release plans I've heard of.

tate

Brown Sugar
rmw said:
calenda is jason h. tune is famous for making kode9 say 'fucking hell' live on rinse when jason h dropped it in a b2b show. so yes it's good. no release plans I've heard of.
Ah yes. It happens at the very end of the set, during those gorgeous string sections in the tune. (At 1 hr 41:08, if you have it. Barefiles does.)

boomnoise

♫
rmw said:

got to love those 'facking 'ell' moments.

bbsrecordings

BBS Science Faction Series - GRIME Out Now!!

Science Faction is a new compilation series from BBS Recordings that mainlines the finest sounds from the worlds underground.

BBS Recordings is a new imprint of Breakbeat Science dedicated to exposing the finest in electronic music.

Grime, the first edition of Science Faction- out now, features 16 exclusive, pirate-radio tested tracks. Expertly mixed by; DJ Cheeky, longtime wheel-man for fellow Roll Deep members. Crazy Titch, JME and Grime godfather Wiley are just a sample of the other featured artists flexing their underground beats. Science Faction Grime shows why Stylus Magazine calls Grime “the most fiercely inventive, raw and exciting music around.” Grime captures the essence and electric sound of Britain’s youth perfectly.

Continuing the series and due for release on September 12th, we have two more installations of the series. Dubstep, the second edition of Science Faction, features exclusive tracks from two of the most cutting edge labels in electronic music today; Planet Mu and Hotflush. The mix boasts tracks from an all-star line-up including: Scuba, Pinch, Distance, Hatcha, Bnega, Vex’d, Loefah and Mark One. DJ Clever, fresh off his last mix Breakbeat Science Exercise 5, is on the wheels once again to steer you through the hardest hour of sublines and beats.

The third edition of Science Faction is Bmore Gutter Music, which features 14 exclusive tracks written, produced and mixed by the infamous Aaron LaCrate and features Amanda Blank, Spankrock and Mike Mumbles. These infectious tunes have been enough to make the world press notice with glowing reviews from i-D, Dazed and Confused, Urb, The Observer, Fader, HHC, GQ and NME. Additionally with remixes in the works for Busta Rhymes and Mark Ronson and airplay on NY’s Hot 97 and urban and college radio across the country, Aaron LaCrate’s media exposure will peak with this release.

C/Dizzle

Never Enough
bbsrecordings said:
Continuing the series and due for release on September 12th, we have two more installations of the series. Dubstep, the second edition of Science Faction, features exclusive tracks from two of the most cutting edge labels in electronic music today; Planet Mu and Hotflush. The mix boasts tracks from an all-star line-up including: Scuba, Pinch, Distance, Hatcha, Bnega, Vex’d, Loefah and Mark One. DJ Clever, fresh off his last mix Breakbeat Science Exercise 5, is on the wheels once again to steer you through the hardest hour of sublines and beats..

nice lineup...

is it getting a wide distro, or will we have to pick it up straight from the label?

Kuma

The Konspirator
C/Dizzle said:
nice lineup...

is it getting a wide distro, or will we have to pick it up straight from the label?

All the other mixes they've done have seen a wide distro at least throughout North America. Any further and I think it's a tossup but I'll ask Clever...

P

Parson

ok i'm only on page 12 but this is a really great thread

some might know me as crisp arson from austin. i see there's a handful of texas cats on here already which is awesome

here's some of my tunes:
http://texasdnb.com/crisparson/Parson_-_Texas_Crawl.mp3

http://texasdnb.com/crisparson/Parson_-_Night_of_the_Hunter.mp3

http://texasdnb.com/crisparson/Parson_-_Babylon_Death_Stomp.mp3

i've got a whole bunch i've been workin on past few months. trying out different styles but maintaining the same kind of vibe. mostly pretty dark/mean.

k i'm gettin back to working my way to this far in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.