The Big Hello Thread

luka

I mean in England for instance there are rural areas where people are generally friendly and rural areas where they are horrible

Reactions: sus

sus

You mean that not all ruralites are like that, so Midwesterners are really exceptional. You think we're the greatest state

luka

Devon and Cornwall are notoriously insular and suspicious of strangers whereas Dorset is much more open and kindly

Reactions: sus

sus

Didn't we have a thread on that new Charlie Kaufman film I'm thinking of ending things

There are probably a lot of filmic/media depictions of that rural hostility. And of ones where a veneer of friendliness is quickly unveiled for something darker. Dogville maybe.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Phew... I feel that welcome, I mean, it wasn't UNfriendly... but at the same time it wasn't that friendly either.

linebaugh

it was too friendly, over eager, thirsty. thats why weve been dm'ing. 'sorry about my guys man they get a little excited'

mvuent

Void Dweller
our born and raised rural midwesterners mvuent and matchstickwitch are total self admitted losers. they claim to be 'not smart' and 'uncool.' who's to disagree? not me
still reeling from this. never thought john "six guns" linebaugh would open fire on me and matchstickwitch like this. but on second thought, you never did look entirely trustworthy.

e134f6_12cb537032eb4c38acdba21bfe6ffc3d.webp

Last edited: