version

Looks like some of the Q supporters are having to come up with yet another conspiracy theory to explain their collapsing worldview.

Screenshot-from-2020-11-08-07-31-22.png

catalog

We've known this for ages though right? Malthus. That pop growth is geometrically exponential whilst resources are only arithmetically growing. So at a certain point the S curve collapses and the whole thing starts again

catalog

It's maybe weird for it to be stated so explicitly and for it to be stated as a unilaterally positive thing, but I can't see a lot of experts of certain disciplines seen anything odd about this

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well the choice is pretty clearly between a managed reduction in the global fertility rate now or a catastrophic depopulation in the future, isn't it? I know which I'd prefer.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The demographics have been changing for a while and we'll soon be struggling with a decrease - Danny Dorling, Oxford Uni geography prof is the go-to expert on this.
Why would this constitute a struggle, exactly? Population decrease would reduce competition for land in very crowded countries like ours, and presumably also drive wages up.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Easier to do than you think. In Japan it’s common for over-65’s to care for the elderly. A cultural shift, but one that is consistently overlooked, planned for, or with any coherent and achievable strategy in mind.

You could treat it as a form of national service conscription. I see no moral quandary there.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's the same argument given for the need for continuous high levels of immigration. "We need more young people to look after all the old people." Well nearly all young people will one day be old themselves, so how is this anything other than a demographic pyramid scheme?