version

Is it a parody account? That pic and this...

Klaus Schwab
@_Klaus_Schwab
Replying to
@MattHancock
In the post-truth age of #FakeNews there is one man in the United Kingdom who the people have confidence in. Mr Hancock will implement laws to prosecute anti-vaxxers and deploy the #coronavirus vaccine so people are protected.

luka

"The rise in population was evident already in the Late Bronze Age, for instance in measures taken to economise in the use of bronze, even though new deep mines for copper had been opened."

catalog

let me guess - prynne's note on metal?

de landa talks about metal when he talks about money. barter as a system is inefficient, cos you have to wait til people are happy with the straight swap. so we tethered to metal which could be an intermediary that we all thought valuable. paper money sits on this tether but has now become untethered and has no referent anymore. probably if we went back to metal alot of problems would be solved but we cant cos it's too slow

IdleRich

IdleRich
let me guess - prynne's note on metal?

de landa talks about metal when he talks about money. barter as a system is inefficient, cos you have to wait til people are happy with the straight swap. so we tethered to metal which could be an intermediary that we all thought valuable. paper money sits on this tether but has now become untethered and has no referent anymore. probably if we went back to metal alot of problems would be solved but we cant cos it's too slow
But every time they try and tie it to a commodity it goes tits up. I guess cos someone wants to print more money but they don't have the underlying thing they go "fuck it, let's go back to fiat money" or whatever. You can't uninvent that I suppose is what I'm saying.

version

Farage has been going on about gold and silver recently. He's set up some new finance newsletter.