Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
thats not what im doing t
You kind of are, though. Same whenever anyone takes the piss out of anti-vaxxers, covid deniers, anyone like that. You flip from "KILL KILL KILL" to "well that's not very nice, is it :( :( :("

DannyL

Wild Horses
Your ire isn't directed at the deluded guy or those who lied to him, but the "bratty , incurious" (in your words) person reading his book.

luka

Your ire isn't directed at the deluded guy or those who lied to him, but the "bratty , incurious" (in your words) person reading his book.
if youre going to bother buying it and reading it and commenting on it might as well say something intelligent surely?

luka

im trying to establish if she still has her rational faculties intact. what always surprises me though is the extent to which people compartmentalise. shes an academic doing linguistics stuff, very research and evidence based. id like to think i dont compartmentalise in this way but maybe im kidding myself

mixed_biscuits

Monbiot must be so brave to pick apart such a strawman in that thread.

"I still believe that Big Pharma is inordinately powerful and often abuses its power. But this doesn’t mean that vaccines are useless, harmful or used to inject us with microchips."

No, but it does make it more likely.

luka

it does make it more likely but if this is a ploy to inject us with microchips, and it might be of course, its a feindishly clever one. we are over a barrel really because if you get it wrong and its not a ploy, just an attempt to stop the spread of a lethal disease, then youve seriously fucked up. the stakes are incredibly high

mixed_biscuits

What proportion of the population believe in the microchips thing...5%? 95% is still enough for herd immunity.

More germane are the facts available through official channels that undermine central messaging eg. that the Pfizer vaccine is not licensed, that all of the vaccines are still in trials, that PCR tests can pick up weak positives that indicate lapsed infections, that there is meagre evidence of asymptomatic spread etc.

A very distinct alternative view can be composed entirely from official sources and established facts, which is why Monbiot is wasting his time (both kooks and clued-up bods will ignore him)

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Monbiot must be so brave to pick apart such a strawman in that thread.

"I still believe that Big Pharma is inordinately powerful and often abuses its power. But this doesn’t mean that vaccines are useless, harmful or used to inject us with microchips."

No, but it does make it more likely.
It's not a strawman at all. He's accurately diagnosing the way a huge number of people think. You're clearly inclined that way yourself, which is maybe while you're having trouble seeing it.

luka

no one on this message board is capable of understanding the data. the data is completely irrelevant.

luka

youve been swapping graphs back and forth for a year now and what have you established? fuck all. the data will always be a red herring.