mixed_biscuits

luka

thats not an answer is it. i didnt ask whther it made sense or not. i said how would a human being go about assesing that data (without recourse to alternative facts or village explainers)

mixed_biscuits

luka

youre basing your beleifs on something else, how persuasive you find the person presenting the 'evidence' for example, or how closely it fits with your preconceptions.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is typical of futile attempts to put everything in the same category.

I wonder if Merck recently announcing that natural infection is superior to the vaccine counts as 'conspiracy theory'
Superior in what sense? Some people might say that catching a virus that can kill you or make you seriously ill is a downside of the "catching the virus to become immune to it" approach.

mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The interactions in these last couple of pages are pretty wild. @mixed_biscuits is carrying on with his voice-from-the-wilderness schtick, maintaining that Bill Gates probably isn't trying to inject us with microchips, but why take the chance?, and anyway we should all just hurry up and catch it, then we'll be immune and it'll do us a favour by pruning away the weak and inferior; @luka half wants to be on the same side because he loves conspiracy theories and knows it winds me up, but also has no truck with data or evidence of any kind; @sufi knows all science is inherently false and haram and we could get all the answers we need by studying the Qu'ran and Hadith; @WashYourHands just popping up here and there with lovely little gnomic, zen-like koan, nodding sagely to himself as he does so.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Wait, hang on, Merck are the scientists and you're denying the inherent truth of their statement...are you a science denier?
Well I haven't looked at their paper - maybe they have good evidence to say that catching the virus offers better protection against future infections than (one or some of the many) vaccines.

But you didn't say that, you just said "superior". I would say that, quite apart from efficacy, a big advantage of vaccines is that you're not at risk of getting the disease.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I mean, all other things being equal, would you rather be at risk of a disease that could kill you or disable you, or would you rather not?

Your idea of risk seems to be a bit faulty if you think that risk can safely be ignored, but "maybe the vaccine is a giant mind control conspiracy" is a good reason not to have the vaccine.