mixed_biscuits

Last edited:

luka

i will tell you now for a fact nobody here has made their mind up by looking at 'the data'. they examined other data. Mr Tea thinks whatever his favoured news outlets tell him to think. i look directly into reality and interpret its patterns. Biscuits goes along with whatever the official alternative view is, so long as it distinguishes him from the sheeple.

luka

people make decisions based on which sources they trust, on the balace of probability, on gut instinct. the one thing they never ever do, is go to the data. the data is as inconclusive and changeable as patterns of fallen leaves or birds in flight.

mixed_biscuits

The reason why the 'conspiracy theorist' angle is being bashed now is because the data is in and the 'very serious people' have taken a beating over their approval of lockdown and masks, both of which have been shown to be close to useless - it's a sign of a retreat.

luka

i think it is clearly gibberish that means nothing to anyone save perhaps a few of the relevant professionals working in the field.