Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
If Dugin is radically oppose to the Great Reset, as you (I suspect correctly) suggest, then he's a bullshitter and a hypocrite, because he wants his own Great Reset, which does away with annoying things like democracy, liberalism and science, and takes us back to the good old days of feudalism, religious intolerance, witch-hunts and dying of cholera when you're 12. (Presumably enough technologists will be spared the purge to keep the ICMBs serviced.)

I also think is pretty disingenuous for him to present his own ideas as an alternative to (amongst other things) fascism, since they sound to me a lot like a particularly backwards-looking form of fascism in themselves.
Yeah his argument seems easier to make if you're able to take for granted the technological achievements of liberalism.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah his argument seems easier to make if you're able to take for granted the technological achievements of liberalism.
This particular species of bullshit merchant always suffers from the same problem, which is that they are only in the position to formulate and propagate their ideas thanks to the social structures and technologies they criticise. You don't get anarcho-primitivist theorists in actual hunter-gatherer societies, after all.

william_kent

Study Conspiracy Theories with Compassion

An article in Nature argues that the "societal forces that drive people to join a belief system matter more than the specifics of what they believe".

The examples that the author gives are about anti-vaccine conspiracies, and although she says that the circumstances that gave rise to them are different, they all boil down to "lack of trust" ( in the government, church, science, etc., ).

but, still surprised to see a defence of the study of conspiracy theories being given a fair hearing in Nature magazine...

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Let me be clear: I am in no way arguing that conspiracy theories are harmless. It is precisely because they are so dangerous that it is crucial to understand their causes. It’s not enough to study individuals and their ideas: we must consider societal structures, and cultural and historical contexts that generate and propagate conspiratorial ideas.