Clothes

STN

sou'wester
Presumably we're talking about Martin Millar here? God, he's lame.

Chelsea boots are good, I think. I can only wear shoes in the following colours: white, black, (various shades of) brown.

martin

----
now you're just being silly... i wear them all the time, both casual and more dressy, and have never had any accidents or been dumped by anyone in them... anyhow their actually blue-green...

Yeah, I am a bit. I must admit, I find them the most intriguing ones posted so far, but not sure I could pull them off. What's the make?

martin

----
Presumably we're talking about Martin Millar here? God, he's lame.

Chelsea boots are good, I think. I can only wear shoes in the following colours: white, black, (various shades of) brown.

Yeah, I have considered Chelsea boots, but...oh, I need to get over this fucking laces hang-up.

zhao

there are no accidents
Yeah, I am a bit. I must admit, I find them the most intriguing ones posted so far, but not sure I could pull them off. What's the make?

sisley. of course you can "pull them off", not like they're double-time spider-dragon scratch with reverb delay or anything!

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Lol. It's very important.

No, pink's not still in per se, but casual youth - and blokes - have preferred pastel colours for years and years, it took a while with pink but yer beer drinkin terrace goin sort of bloke in London certainly I'd wager has at least one pink shirt of some sort.

Everybody else is wearing Ed Hardy, or derivatives of. Lots of bright colours and gay hoodies still.

Ed Hardy built that brand up from nothing so fast, it seems, at least over here.

alex

Do not read this.
Ed Hardy is so swag, so is skepta

I want 2 t-shirts..

NO I AM NOT ON FUCKING FACEBOOK

ED HARDY IS FUCKING WASTE, DEATH TO ED

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
that everything bigass lopsided silkscreened look is for highschool drop out vin diesel fans

I like the really cheap T-shirt copies that have really badly sewed on sequins so that when people wear them they leave a trail of sequins in their wake.

I like really cheap copies in general actually. My favourite was in Vietnam where they had a T-shirt that said 'Dolce and Gabbabbannanna', which wasn't in my size unfortunately.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Gabba Banana sounds like the name of a DJ you might expect to see at Bang Face.

Edit: I just realised you could have a reeeally distasteful T-shirt or something with a gag based on 'Cocoa Canal'. ;)

Last edited:

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
I'm not saying that I endorse Ed hardy, just that I saw that French guy on TV making the ads for the original campaign with fucking reality TV "models" years and years ago, and no one had heard of him, then suddenly, Paris Hilton and everyone is wearing that shit.

In my mind it's very Miami.

i can't deal with graphic t-shirts unless they are pre-2000s

I know, I was just about to buy a rather large tank top with run dmc picture tiled on it and then I was like, no, I can't even wear shirts with screen printing for some reason.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
I know, I was just about to buy a rather large tank top with run dmc picture tiled on it and then I was like, no, I can't even wear shirts with screen printing for some reason.

it's the texture.
i want to get an old-fashioned sleep gown out of shirting cloth.
and a union suit with a butt-flap.
also one of those droopy hats to wear to bed.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
it's the texture.
i want to get an old-fashioned sleep gown out of shirting cloth.
and a union suit with a butt-flap.
also one of those droopy hats to wear to bed.

To complement this ensemble properly you need some big white gloves with only three fingers.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Let's talk shoulder bags - what are the cool kids carrying around small to moderate amounts of stuff in these days? Or does an interest in the things at all mark me out as terminally early-00's?

Edit: for my purposes needs to be something I can carry while wearing smart stuff for work.

hucks

Your Message Here
Let's talk shoulder bags - what are the cool kids carrying around small to moderate amounts of stuff in these days? Or does an interest in the things at all mark me out as terminally early-00's?

Edit: for my purposes needs to be something I can carry while wearing smart stuff for work.

I'm carrying a leather satchel . Oh, the cool kids, you say. Who knows?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

\

From where I am, girls seem to like usually brown leather handbags with kind of nautical looking designs on them (steel rings embedded in, that sort of thing), and I've seen a lot of hipster guys carrying around these shiny adidas manbags.

I've always just wore a backpack.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
cool (rich) kids get Acronym bags (William Gibson has one)
me, i use an indestructible Filson shoulder bag (insert photo of VW engine being hauled in a Filson bag), a Duluth Pack rucksack, a civilian-type ReLoad messenger bag (to haul around records, mainly), and an occasional Carga messenger bag made from industrial felt. hmmn... and a dickies DJ bag.

i do carry totes on occasion. i've got a nice Frost River one made from waxed canvas and a gigantic WM J. Mills tote made from sail cloth. oh, and i often appropriate the wife's Steven Alan zippered tote.

jack spade makes some nice bags, albeit ubiquitous. i've got a real small one that approaches purse territory.

i admit to having more bags than my wife. i think i have some kind of doomsday mentality-----i have to be ready for zombie attack at all times.