Clothes

swears

preppy-kei
I have a plain black messenger bag I have to take to work, for lunches, books, etc... I don't really like carrying a bag around in general, tho. I was thinking of getting a briefcase, but maybe that's a bit much. My dad used to have one with a combination lock when I was little, that was pretty cool.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
man i aspire to baglessness
but there's just too much shit to carry around (sunglasses, cell phone, notepad, pen, knife, binoculars, twelve-sided dice, etc)
i can get away with it in the cooler months what with jacket pockets but not in summer

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Picked up a nice brown leather satchel / shoulder bag thing from a vintage shop at the weekend, solves the problem very nicely. Smart enough to carry while in work clothes but fairly neutral to go with more or less anything else.

nochexxx

harco pronting
does stylish waterproof clothing exist? i'm getting tired of the rain and feel it's time to be prepared!

nochexxx

harco pronting
perhaps i should just go for superimposed photoshop look. :slanted:

PMS-Poncho.jpg

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
yeah a proper trench like le samourai
melville_narrowweb__300x442,0.jpg

or like, the mackintosh duncan:
mackintosh-rain-jacket.jpg

or baracuta g4
or a barbour beaufort

i suppose all of these jackets have different (strong) connotations for you british dissensians

but yeah, there's a ton of great rain gear out there

more modern stuff is great too
like arcteryx
or acronym:
l01.jpg

i could go on

ugh... personally been hankering after this rag & bone anorak:
ragbone.jpg

mms

sometimes
yeah a proper trench like le samourai
melville_narrowweb__300x442,0.jpg

or like, the mackintosh duncan:
mackintosh-rain-jacket.jpg

or baracuta g4
or a barbour beaufort

i suppose all of these jackets have different (strong) connotations for you british dissensians

but yeah, there's a ton of great rain gear out there

more modern stuff is great too
like arcteryx
or acronym:
l01.jpg

i could go on

ugh... personally been hankering after this rag & bone anorak:
ragbone.jpg

the black mac is beautiful. i have a barbour, its the recent bomber jacket style, lovely, but a bitch to keep waxed up and looking good.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
yeah i've been after a mackintosh for a minute

i just rewaxed my barbour for the first time in... six years?
sent it away to a reproofer, had a hole mended, and it came back looking SERIOUS

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
does stylish waterproof clothing exist? i'm getting tired of the rain and feel it's time to be prepared!

There's this fabric called "technical tweed", sooner or later someone is going to use it for something stylish for city use (an image search for the term mostly leads to Horse&Hound types of clothes).

That Samourai style is really hard to pull off.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Which one is better? click on it for a bigger pic

The first one is more conservative so it would be passable at work. But the second one is more fun and would go with more casual clothes.

zhao

there are no accidents
i would usually vote for more cleavage but does the second one go down past your belly button???

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
i would usually vote for more cleavage but does the second one go down past your belly button???

It would take an awfully generous bra to make that happen for me, but anyway, you're supposed to wear a shirt under the second one... it's probably a little short, like a cropped vest I'm guessing...

zhao

there are no accidents
i would do first then. self contained, good for hot weather. and also more versatile as you mentioned.

zhao

there are no accidents
second would be good with a choker though. do you wear those ever? i think they're hot.