Stalked!

N

nomadologist

I think it's not fucking rather than fucking that displaces and causes problems in society, and in fact think that stalking comes from precisely the "oh my god, they're perfect, they're the one for me" type of thinking, rather than thinking 'oh well" and then going and chatting to the person at the bus-stop because the way they tie the laces on their trainers is kinda suave.

i completely agree with this. i think it's very adolescent to be entirely caught up in just the way people look at first glance in terms of their attractiveness. i find all sorts of people attractive after just getting to know them. there are a lot of traits i require in someone that have precious little to do with their facial features, though I'll admit something has to be there physically on some basic level. fetishes get around this by giving us stimuli that aren't entirely biological. that's why i end up liking guys who look like that bassist from the horrors--i have a fetish for them. the problems come when people are too indulged in the fetishistic mode and never learn to actually bond sexually with other humans. i think of the anime kids who never leave their rooms as an example.

i also notice (since i am mostly friends with males, straight and gay) that men fall in "love at first sight" a lot more often than women do. women have a lot more practice at forging erotic potential out of someone they may not have necessarily noticed from across a room, since we just CAN'T get aroused from pure visual stimulation. it just doesn't work. i really wish it did. (i dont' always want to see men in speedos, but i think it's hilarious how uncomfortable that makes American straight men. repressed much?)

if women only had sex with/dated/loved men they fell in love with at "first sight", the species wouldn't be propogated.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
nomadologist: Really, what kind of FHM reading, date-rapist meathead fratboys do you hang out with to give you this impression of men?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
None of this explains why so many nice women go out with blokes who treat them like shit.

It may be a cliched complaint, but I'm sure we've all seen it happen to friends (or even been there personally, only to realise later?).

N

nomadologist

nomadologist: Really, what kind of FHM reading, date-rapist meathead fratboys do you hang out with to give you this impression of men?

I don't hang out with a single fratboy, Swears. I live in Bushwick Brooklyn, surrounded by musicians and visual artists. Not a single frat boy in sight. At least frat boys are honest--it's the fucking "sensitive" types (the ones who think they are) who jump on you every time you express extreme distaste for the way you've been abused in life that drive my more crazy.

PS I would gladly take no sexual attention over negative attention. Anytime, anyday. Anyplace. Please sign me up.

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

None of this explains why so many nice women go out with blokes who treat them like shit.

It may be a cliched complaint, but I'm sure we've all seen it happen to friends (or even been there personally, only to realise later?).

I know why women do that. Because they hate themselves, because they're held up to impossible standards their entire lives and have no sense of dignity or self-worth. They get Stockholm Syndrome.

N

nomadologist

I take a strong disliking to people who can't tell a sincerely intended "generalization" from an obviously hyperbolically stated emotional outburst of displeasure.

Why don't you go back to feeling sorry for yourself for having a normal life and very few problems, Swears. That's a lot more endearing than when you fancy yourself some sort of crusader against "generalizations."

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
I don't hang out with a single fratboy, Swears. I live in Bushwick Brooklyn, surrounded by musicians and visual artists. Not a single frat boy in sight. At least frat boys are honest--it's the fucking "sensitive" types (the ones who think they are) who jump on you every time you express extreme distaste for the way you've been abused in life that drive my more crazy.

PS I would gladly take no sexual attention over negative attention. Anytime, anyday. Anyplace. Please sign me up.

artists and musicians often tend to be very selfish rather than sensitive. the possibilities for vampirism being turned into art or music are endless and well documented.

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

i don't like normal people either, so that's not going to work. they're the most sexist and awful, imo

swears

preppy-kei
Why don't you go back to feeling sorry for yourself for having a normal life and very few problems, Swears.

Look, you don't know anything about my life or my problems. (What's a "normal" life, anyway?)
I certainly wouldn't discuss anything too serious or personal here. You shouldn't make assumptions about people you've never even met.

N

nomadologist

Well then I guess I'm glad I don't live in Brooklyn, if it's as bad as all that.

Brooklyn is not bad at all. It's the best place I've lived in terms of avoiding the awful heteronormative sexist jerkoffs. I have carefully selected all of my friend and everyone I'm around now after being extremely turned off by an entire childhood/adolescence of living with the "normals"--whose disgusting normativity and sexism fed a lot of horrible experiences of mine.

Listen, my mind is so open it's falling out of my head. I'm just not going to lie and say I don't hold grudges against several people in particular and hundreds of thousands in general who have gone into making several points in my life utter hell.

N

nomadologist

Look, you don't know anything about my life or my problems. (What's a "normal" life, anyway?)
I certainly wouldn't discuss anything too serious or personal here. You shouldn't make assumptions about people you've never even met.

Whatever, Swears. People with real problems don't whine about not getting laid, where I come from.

N

nomadologist

You can all try to pretend its just me and my particular circumstances--but if any of you knew any women very well, you'd understand that most women spend most of their lives hating the way the world is. It's not *just me* or *just where I live* or *just people in x state*...

And I've spent tons of money/time on professional help so nothing here is seeming like any real clinical way to tackle my own real problems, no offense guys.

Last edited: