Blimey! United seven - Roma one

crackerjack

Dunno what happened there, those were supposed to be big grins. Probably serves me right for turning up with no other aim than to gloat at Man U and Chelsea fans.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Well, that didn't exactly go according to plan.
Fair enough, Milan were very good, United's makeshift defence couldn't cope for the second time but this time the attack couldn't get them out of jail. Surprised at how easily Milan snuffed out the United threat though, they couldn't create a chance in the whole game - so much for my prediction that they would definitely score.

crackerjack

I'm curious to know how many non-fans here will be supporting Liverpool on May 23, either for patriotic reasons or because the Milan president is Berlusconi (and for legal reasons it might be best if I don't explain what's wrong with him).

I'll declare my own hand. I'm a Liverpool fan who would usually back any English team in Europe, except Utd. In the last year I've added Chelsea to that list too - not because they're suddenly successful, but because Abramovich's wealth and attitude is bad for the game and because some time last year Jose crossed the line from being a witty and entertaining agent provocateur into a whining sour prat.

Despite what i said above about Milan, I cheered when they won last night. i feel a bit guilty for that, but I really, really hate United and I really, really, really hate Ronaldo. the thought off another treble was too much.

martin

----
I'm curious to know how many non-fans here will be supporting Liverpool on May 23, either for patriotic reasons or because the Milan president is Berlusconi (and for legal reasons it might be best if I don't explain what's wrong with him).

Sorry, I never back other UK teams abroad, with the exception of Sheffield Wednesday*, who I've always had a soft spot for. So I'm with Silvio on this one.

* oh, and Stenhousemuir

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
"(fckn scousers, bah)"

Scousers show their true colours by robbing Reina's house as he's busy helping them qualify for the next round

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6615493.stm

"some time last year Jose crossed the line from being a witty and entertaining agent provocateur into a whining sour prat."
He is such a wanker.

For some reason I always support English sides in Europe, I actually hope that Liverpool win.

tom pr

I really, really hate United and I really, really, really hate Ronaldo. the thought off another treble was too much.
It's not even the thought of another united treble that sickened me; it's the subsequent six month wankfest that would follow it in the press. I'm overjoyed that they went out.

mos dan

fact music

i'm wimbledon - now afc wimbledon of course - so i have very few prejudices against premiership clubs left (mostly just tottenham, for no particular reason). hence, i will definitely be supporting liverpool.

picking a team to cheer on in the title race has been so tough though - i can't decided if i hate man u or chelsea more.

for the record, i still think jose is a witty agent provocateur.

on a tangent: overheard on the nightbus on saturday -

"obviously lampard's a racist"
"yeah. yeah that ledley king thing"
"total racist. the media don't talk about it."
"you know what else, my mate works for kensington and chelsea council.. *lowers voice* didier drogba only paid five grand in taxes last year. disgraceful when you think what he earns"

crackerjack

i'm wimbledon - now afc wimbledon of course - so i have very few prejudices against premiership clubs left (mostly just tottenham, for no particular reason). hence, i will definitely be supporting liverpool.

picking a team to cheer on in the title race has been so tough though - i can't decided if i hate man u or chelsea more.

for the record, i still think jose is a witty agent provocateur.

on a tangent: overheard on the nightbus on saturday -

"obviously lampard's a racist"
"yeah. yeah that ledley king thing"
"total racist. the media don't talk about it."
"you know what else, my mate works for kensington and chelsea council.. *lowers voice* didier drogba only paid five grand in taxes last year. disgraceful when you think what he earns"

What Ledley King thing? And htf would the council know what he paid in income tax? Football does do weird things to people.

tom pr

Ledley King said himself that nothing racist was said, either in the London Paper or the London Lite (can't remember which).

hucks

Your Message Here

There's a decent argument that runs more or less: no English neutral should support English teams in the Champs' League. Each win for an English team gains them more money, widening the gap between the Champs League teams and the rest. Certainly, if I were a Bolton, Pompey or Blackburn fan, I'd want all the English teams to lose big and quickly. They're rivals, after all.

I'm a Norwich fan, though, so that argument doesn't realistically apply, but nor do I see the point in supporting teams just 'cos they're English. Milan were awesome last night - worthy winners, I think. They played, as Ancellotti pointed out, perfect football, so it's possible to forgive the fact that them winning will make Berlusconi happy. Milan for me, if I had to choose.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Milan were awesome last night - worthy winners, I think. They played, as Ancellotti pointed out, perfect football, so it's possible to forgive the fact that them winning will make Berlusconi happy. Milan for me, if I had to choose."
Fuck 'em they weren't even supposed to be in the tournament after that little embarrassment over match-fixing, it's not going to be good PR for European football if they win the show-piece trophy.