Blimey! United seven - Roma one

IdleRich

IdleRich
We would think that though wouldn't we?
On the other hand FIFA must have been hoping that they got knocked out early so the lack of proper punishment would not be so glaringly highlighted.

vimothy

yurp
No I think I'm being entirely objective actually - well maybe I'm a little biased, but they're still match fixing scum.

don_quixote

Trent End
oh and i must be alone in not really caring how much money chelsea spend or who they buy up. really doesn't bother me as much as say wigan and reading, or to a slightly lesser extent blackburn and fulham.

chelsea have spent the large majority of post-war football in the top division, so all the hate is surely just envy. benitez, ferguson and wenger are just as bad as mourinho.

only big club i am fond of is arsenal (although weary about the overwhelming smugness of their fanbase)

don_quixote

Trent End
their white middle class fanbase that is. i love target talking about them on the radio after theyve played on the sunday.

crackerjack

benitez, ferguson and wenger are just as bad as mourinho.

Really? which of them has taken their stage-managed paranoia so far as to accuse the ambulance service of conspiring against them?

don_quixote

Trent End
well for a start ferguson made his team change their kit at half time when they were 3-0 down against southampton in the mid-90s

tom pr

Really? which of them has taken their stage-managed paranoia so far as to accuse the ambulance service of conspiring against them?
Rather someone say something that's going to rile people up than deny seeing anything bad their team's ever done. Wenger's a coward.

mos dan

fact music

i still don't see how any of this is a *bad thing*. mourinho is hilarious, deluded, fascinating, and nothing but good for the english game. i can't stand chelsea, but i love mourinho. can you imagine how boring it would be if they had some dull-as-shite british 'ron manager' type at the helm?

vimothy

yurp
I agree - Jose is always good for a quote, much more interesting than your average footballers, who are generally some of the most boring idiots in all the history of tv, IMO.

crackerjack

I agree - Jose is always good for a quote, much more interesting than your average footballers, who are generally some of the most boring idiots in all the history of tv, IMO.

Correction: was more interesting. He's been singing the same songs ever since he got here and it's long past boring.

As for being hilarious, well, at the risk of being pompous, ask Anders Frisk or the Reading players he lied about how entertaining they found those death threats. (And I appreciate he didn't personally send them, but when these things follow you around maybe you should change your tune).

tom pr

As for being hilarious, well, at the risk of being pompous, ask Anders Frisk or the Reading players he lied about how entertaining they found those death threats. (And I appreciate he didn't personally send them, but when these things follow you around maybe you should change your tune).
Mourinho didn't lie about anything though. Do you think any manager would let it lie if he saw the referee coming out of the away dressing room having a laugh and joke at half time? Ferguson would be spitting blood. And he didn't lie about anything that happened in the Reading game; unless I imagined all those injuries...

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Correction: was more interesting. He's been singing the same songs ever since he got here and it's long past boring."
I think that's about right, when he arrived and started coming out with these arrogant bits of nonsense I thought it was pretty funny but soon it got wearing and now it's just like a broken record. Just constant variations on one theme ie any time Chelsea don't win they were unlucky, robbed, cheated etc - "we were the best team, we didn't deserve to lose" "the ref was against us" "there is one rule for united and another for the rest of us" etc etc change the fucking record mate.

crackerjack

Mourinho didn't lie about anything though. Do you think any manager would let it lie if he saw the referee coming out of the away dressing room having a laugh and joke at half time? Ferguson would be spitting blood. And he didn't lie about anything that happened in the Reading game; unless I imagined all those injuries...

Sorry Tom, but that's just plain wrong. He initially said he'd personally seen Rijkaard go into the ref's room, then when it became obvious there'd been no such visit he said Steve Clarke or AN Other Chelsea offical had told him and he was obliged to trust them.

There's not much point going into too much detail on the Reading game since interpretations are subjective, but you'd need to be blinkered beyond belief to claim (as Jose did) they were far worse than Essien's foul in the Liverpool match.

vimothy

yurp
I think that's about right, when he arrived and started coming out with these arrogant bits of nonsense I thought it was pretty funny but soon it got wearing and now it's just like a broken record. Just constant variations on one theme ie any time Chelsea don't win they were unlucky, robbed, cheated etc - "we were the best team, we didn't deserve to lose" "the ref was against us" "there is one rule for united and another for the rest of us" etc etc change the fucking record mate.

I still prefer that to hearing Roeder (or whoever) going, "I understand why they're frustrated, and thay have to understand that I'm frustrated," after every sodding game. It's all scripted and inane. Jose's an irritating little tit, but a least he's irritating in a slightly different way than normal.