Client Eastwood

Picked up City Limits by Silkie last weekend.

It's great, really nice stuff. But it's kind of interesting that with fidgety beats and detroity melodicism, it wouldn't have sounded massively out of place on Warp in 1999/2000...

Also, is it my imagination or does dubstep produce decent albums at a much greater rate than most dance genres?

Waiting for the Silkie and Martyn CD to come throu my letter box. I only buy CDS nowadays so is there anything else I should keep an eye out for ?

joe.dfx

who knows...
check out TECTONIC PLATES VOL 2 comes with 1 unmixed cd and another cd with a superb mix by Pinch....pretty much all killer no filler!

UFO over easy

online mahjong
and so his spectacular run of form continues

outdoing himself with every post in finding new and exciting ways to be derisive

Last edited:
and so his spectacular run of form continues

outdoing himself with every post in finding new and exciting ways to be derisive

:eek:

why is he so Out. Of. Touch. these days???

head nodding to Hyph Mngo??? Where does he even get this from?

When Ramadanman played Hyph Mngo last week in Boston the lights were up but people wouldn't, couldn't stop dancing. And the vibes in the air were so sublime, it was a quintessential rave-energy moment...

...this just makes me angry, he used to be one of the most informed writers around.

Last edited:

Sinko

i think a lot of it is just a reaction to some of the tedious hyper-critical twattery he's had to endure about his work in recent years from places such as Dissensus (at times this board can become a bit creepily obsessive about him, like it's simply a place to come and dissect his most meaningless and throwaway comments) so he's just decided to be a bit of a troll.

lol.

Benny Bunter

^^^ I think you've hit the nail on the head there Sinko. There's something of the wilfully perverse about his recent writing on wobble. I do find it funny though...

CrowleyHead

Somewhat lame though, is is blatant baiting of Zomby. It's like... Okay, we get it, you know exactly what goes through the man's head before he thinks it. Cool... Can you stop sweating him?

I mean, yeah, I'm sure EVERYONE ON THE NET would love to pierce Zomby's ego. He's become the electronica Kanye it seems... "Oh my god, that fucking Zomby guy!""What?""HE WORE A BAPE HOODIE, AND THEN MOCKED THEM!!!""...."

luka

if i was reynolds i'd definetly do exactly the same thing. how could anyone possibly resist?
i quite like that boy rustie. except when it gets too 'glitchy'

Who knows maybe he was wrong all along and you've bought into the theory of a completely clueless dickhead just because he writes well?

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
i dont think reynolds is "trolling" particularly, i just think he gos for the newer extreme sounds just because theyre popular. i mean, i dotn agree with him, mainly because when i go clubbing at dubstep nights i find the wobble stuff incredibly tedious etc, and the more techy rollin stuff much better to listen to/dance to, but from the perspective of someone who never gos to a club, and probaby never has gone "apeshit" to chainsaw calligraphy with a bunch of shirtless coked up guys, then i can see maybe why hed prefer these isolated tracks. like he said in the casper review its the only time when dubstep has sounded like nothing before (which discounts wonky), to me hyph mngo sounds reminiscent of loads of things before, its better music but less obviously "new" then chainsaw calligraphy.

Client Eastwood

check out TECTONIC PLATES VOL 2 comes with 1 unmixed cd and another cd with a superb mix by Pinch....pretty much all killer no filler!

Yeah got that. Kontrol is the killer track on that for me. The sense of space is pretty awesome reminds me of the original dubstep sound. Also the Shed remix of the Pinch tune.

I really wish they had included an unmixed version of Waterfalls (Pev rmx)by 2nd to None. Oh man that is a tune.

mos dan

fact music
that post, and 'percussion is the last refuge of the dance music scoundrel' (or words to that effect.. erm, 'inflation' anyone? ) - are the two most absurd things anyone's written this year. and not like, absurd as in ludic/satirical/toocleverbyhalf. just pointless.

stop trying so hard to be irrelevant plz, cos you're succeeding, kthxbai

Leo

two questions:

- are there any new releases in the pipeline from digital mystikz? seems like it's been forever.

- what about new stuff from mala? (always kinda preferred his solo stuff over coki's)