gumdrops

minimalistix sounds JUST like something untold would do but a bit more solid/better. interesting. i swear skream can do pretty much any style he chooses to AND do it well.

i do like dididesign but theres something a bit i dunno, kitsch?? about it. lovely melody, i just wish the rest of it was a bit more robust texturally. but jokers pretty much flawless. i dont think hes put out one bad record. everythings been first rate.

mms

sometimes
That's what his remixes are for.

this is his most robust record, you feel it when you hear it out, for me jokers put out a lot of only ok music this year, he's not really got much better, he's still good alot but his earlier eps were his peak in a way.

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
this is his most robust record, you feel it when you hear it out, for me jokers put out a lot of only ok music this year, he's not really got much better, he's still good alot but his earlier eps were his peak in a way.

Can't really agree with this, for me he's one of the very top producers of the year. He does have a 'signature' sound which he's mostly stayed within, but in his case I reckon this is a strength, so far anyway.

I ldo ike Digidesign, but agree with people who are saying it's not one of his best tracks. Def a dubstep anthem for the year though.

FairiesWearBoots

The La Roux remix got tired quickly but it does have a sort-of-timeless quality about it, the intro etc,
It made sense to me anyway at DMZ 4th Birthday in March (?)
but I was off my tits and that always has an effect:mad:

nomos

Administrator
2ypi7uo.jpg

:eek:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
The Blackdown and Dusk show was wicked. Anyone know what that awesome broken house thing was at around 1:11?

Last edited:

CrowleyHead

Digidesign's not great because it's just a remix basically.

I'm certain every one of the fans from that tune is subconciously remembering playing Sonic The Hedgehog and hearing that melody.

IanTheM

Tame Horse
Can't really agree with this, for me he's one of the very top producers of the year. He does have a 'signature' sound which he's mostly stayed within, but in his case I reckon this is a strength, so far anyway.

I ldo ike Digidesign, but agree with people who are saying it's not one of his best tracks. Def a dubstep anthem for the year though.

The thing is, he can easily break out of being just a whiny synth guy and travel into other sounds, but he'll always retain that brilliant sense of melody which counts for more in the end.

mms

sometimes
Digidesign's not great because it's just a remix basically.

I'm certain every one of the fans from that tune is subconciously remembering playing Sonic The Hedgehog and hearing that melody.

whats it a remix of then?

joker is obviously great but some of the stuff, remixes etc have been not as good, and for me the early stuff is just fucking amazing, the cream.
don't get it twisted gumdrops, as thats not what i said.

Last edited:

CrowleyHead

whats it a remix of then?

joker is obviously great but some of the stuff, remixes etc have been not as good, and for me the early stuff is just fucking amazing, the cream.
don't get it twisted gumdrops, as thats not what i said.

Though more reinterpretation than remix; Still, the chorus of Digidesign is a reworked version of the main melody of the tune.

gumdrops

listening to that old hatcha 2004 set from fwd earlier this year. shame i dont know what half of these tracks are (lot of exclusive dubs im guessing) but its such a good set.

Last edited: