hint

party record with a siren
Scorcher just said, that Zed Bias and Tawiah tune will be out soon on the MadSlinky LP :D

Sounds like a new mix of it too. Love it

Album's out in October. There's a few remixes of that track too (Falty DL and Illum Sphere are the 2 I can remember. I've done a remix too).

Last edited:

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Have to admit, I'm kind of put off by the prospect of spending about as long queueing up in the rain as I do actually in the club...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Thankfully, I am enjoying dubstep again.

I was struggling with maintaining interest in it this year as I was beginning to get a bit depressed now that the wobble camp, Magnetic Man et-al have truly usurped the genre as a whole and taken the title of "Dubstep" itself with them (at least as far as popular consciousness goes). The dark prophecy of dubstep becoming the limbo-bound ghoul that drum and bass is was starting to manifest itself a little bit too strongly for me, no less because Magnetic Man are on a one way road to becoming Pendulum v2.0. Also, the prismatic explosion of sub-styles was starting to suggest to me a kind of unsustainable disunity in the genre as a whole. Beyond that, being enthusiastic about dubstep was simply beginning to feel like an uphill battle and... well it was making me feel like an old bastard.

But I'm glad to say I was wrong. Just refreshed myself on some newer releases and there are some really incredible things being made now that are as genre-pushing and innovative as they are dutiful to dubstep's core aesthetics. You of course all know that already, but I didn't so nevertheless big up to Hyperdub, Hessle Audio, Apple Pips, Punch Drunk, Keysound, Hotflush, DMZ, Blunted Robots and the other labels who are saving the music from becoming Night of the Living Dubstep. Hearing these new releases has made my day, basically.

:)

Last edited:

Phaedo

Mala was sick, that was a seriously brilliant set. :D

Hoping when MAH said "guests" that means Kode and Burial. ;)