paolo

Mechanical phantoms
The only dubstep DJs I can think of who make a point of only playing vinyl are Mala, Joe Nice and I think LD (and myself :cool:)

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
The only dubstep DJs I can think of who make a point of only playing vinyl are Mala, Joe Nice and I think LD (and myself :cool:)

Pinch is still a vinyl man. He flew all the way down here with real acetates, something I haven't seen since Chef did the same. Youngsta's recently gone the way of the CD...

Leo

Unrelated, Burial and Kode9 on Mary Anne Hobbs' last show tonight, people tuning in?

burial/kode9 mix here: http://www.mediafire.com/?t09r1c7swgxctpu

from FACT:

Kode9 & Burial mix tracklist:
01. Speedy J – Tesla
02. Zomby – Natalia’s Song
03. Brandy – Never Say Never (El-B version 1)
04. Brandy – Never Say Never (El-B version 2)
05. Brandy – Angel (X-Men vocal mix)
06. Laurie Spiegel – Voices Within – A Requiem
07. Alena – Turn It Around (Hard House Bantons Mandy Mix)
08. Cooly G – Him Da Biz
09. Theo Parrish – Soul Control feat. Alena Waters
10. KMFH aka Kyle Hall – Girl U So Strong (Wild Oats)
11. Terror Danjah – S.O.S.
12. Darkstar – 2 Chords
13. Prince – Condition of the Heart
14. Erykah Badu – Telephone
15. Foul Play – Being With U Rmx
16. A Guy called Gerald – Silent Cry

Last edited:

gostwan

This seemed like the best place on here to share this..........

-1-7.jpg

-3.jpg

joe.dfx

who knows...
that looks awesome!

(although i feel bad for cyrus they made him look like an umpa loompa!)

who's the dude in the upper right?

gostwan

They did didn't they! Dunno, who top right guy is, process of elimination means it must be Armour.

Artists: VARIOUS: Scientist, Pinch ft Emika, Kode 9 ft Spaceape, Mala, King Midas, Shackleton, Cyrus, Loefah & Pokes, Distance, Armour, Jack Sparrow, RSD, Guido

'Scientist Launches Dubstep Into Outer Space' is Tectonic's most ambitious project to date. It brings leaders of the scene, Kode 9, Shackleton, Pinch, and Mala among others, into direct dialogue with an original pioneer, offering Scientist a wealth of previously unreleased, exclusive material to reduce and rebuild according to his own exacting specifications. To put the project in context, it's a vital and unprecedented move for dubstep, one year in the making, uniting roots and futurism in visionary style. This heavyweight double CD features one disc of untreated original dubs, plus one disc of Scientist's bespoke versions also to be delivered on separate vinyl packs, a crucial collision of classic and modern methodology. Evidently, the ambition has come to fruition, and these fruits are ripe for soundsystems around the world.

wise

bare BARE BONES
that looks awesome!

(although i feel bad for cyrus they made him look like an umpa loompa!)

who's the dude in the upper right?

I don't think anyone comes out of that picture particularly well, and yeah Cyrus is a bit of a fatty lets face it

joe.dfx

who knows...
anywayz...glad they're keeping with the artwork like all of the past scientist lps

really, really looking forward to listening to it!

Client Eastwood

They did didn't they! Dunno, who top right guy is, process of elimination means it must be Armour.

Artists: VARIOUS: Scientist, Pinch ft Emika, Kode 9 ft Spaceape, Mala, King Midas, Shackleton, Cyrus, Loefah & Pokes, Distance, Armour, Jack Sparrow, RSD, Guido

'Scientist Launches Dubstep Into Outer Space' is Tectonic's most ambitious project to date. It brings leaders of the scene, Kode 9, Shackleton, Pinch, and Mala among others, into direct dialogue with an original pioneer, offering Scientist a wealth of previously unreleased, exclusive material to reduce and rebuild according to his own exacting specifications. To put the project in context, it's a vital and unprecedented move for dubstep, one year in the making, uniting roots and futurism in visionary style. This heavyweight double CD features one disc of untreated original dubs, plus one disc of Scientist's bespoke versions also to be delivered on separate vinyl packs, a crucial collision of classic and modern methodology. Evidently, the ambition has come to fruition, and these fruits are ripe for soundsystems around the world.

Whoa, when is this coming out ?

jimitheexploder

I've only seen Peverelist using wax as well.

Looking forward to Rama's wax only night in Leeds, he mentioned it to me in Bristol the other week it sounds like a laugh, especially with Ruffage now gone. Still loads of killer stuff around mind, DMZ Vs. Exodus will be starting up again soon and Tropical have Martin Kemp, Doc Daneeka and Blawan coming over too. Wire is a wicked venue, the sound in there is too good. Its so clear but kicks hard too.

I only play wax at the moment but only cos I can't aford CDJs or Serato cos I keep buying 12"s...

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
burial/kode9 mix here: http://www.mediafire.com/?t09r1c7swgxctpu

from FACT:

Kode9 & Burial mix tracklist:
01. Speedy J – Tesla
02. Zomby – Natalia’s Song
03. Brandy – Never Say Never (El-B version 1)
04. Brandy – Never Say Never (El-B version 2)
05. Brandy – Angel (X-Men vocal mix)
06. Laurie Spiegel – Voices Within – A Requiem
07. Alena – Turn It Around (Hard House Bantons Mandy Mix)
08. Cooly G – Him Da Biz
09. Theo Parrish – Soul Control feat. Alena Waters
10. KMFH aka Kyle Hall – Girl U So Strong (Wild Oats)
11. Terror Danjah – S.O.S.
12. Darkstar – 2 Chords
13. Prince – Condition of the Heart
14. Erykah Badu – Telephone
15. Foul Play – Being With U Rmx
16. A Guy called Gerald – Silent Cry

Mix of the year I think