Phaedo

Got to hand it to Coki even if you don't like his tunes, I like the way he is willing to say fuck off to all the people who know him just for Night and Spongebob.

wise

bare BARE BONES
New Peverelist forthcoming on Hessle sounding great! glad to hear he's got back to the melancholy synths

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
The new Burial is super, just as good as his old stuff for me. He doesn't really seem to have changed his style too much since the first album but I'm still not bored of it :)

benjybars

village elder.
but you can't really say that tracklist isn't representative of his radio shows... or is that the reason you're disappointed?

joe.dfx

who knows...
Coki's first solo release since Tortured I belive. One of the great wobblers

nah he's had several solo twelves out since that one, not to mention the LP

2 dmz releases, a ringo release, and the dancing demons release ; )

his first solo 12 in 2 years though.

boomba is def a killer though!

joe.dfx

who knows...
tracklist of the youngsta cd is representative i'd say, but it'd be nice to have a higher dub to released ratio....

though i'm guessing releasing lots of dubs on a mix cd isn't the best move to keep things fresh so to speak....

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I only just now had it pointed out that Katy B is the same Katy as Baby Katy on DJ NG's 'Tell Me.'
I'm not really sure how I've managed to go this long without being aware of that.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard that album? I figure at least one tune on the album has to be passably good since Geeneus is credited all over it. What I've heard thus far has been shit though.

gumdrops

the katy b album has some good production as youd expect but the only songs that jumped out at me (was listening to it in the background to be fair) were the singles already released. myself, im not sure i need anymore cheesy 90s dance revival tunes just now either.

Phaedo

As a big Youngsta fan i'd also agree that while the TL represents his show well, he's missed out a lot of good tunes and put some more mediocre ones in. The lack of Kryptic Minds tunes is a bit disappointing as they always do the best "Youngsta style" tracks.

Shame also he doesn't play any Mala tunes anymore.

benjybars

village elder.
As a big Youngsta fan i'd also agree that while the TL represents his show well, he's missed out a lot of good tunes and put some more mediocre ones in. The lack of Kryptic Minds tunes is a bit disappointing as they always do the best "Youngsta style" tracks.

Shame also he doesn't play any Mala tunes anymore.

yeah i don't understand why he doesn't play mala anymore... i mean most mala tunes are still proper weighty halfstep at the end of the day..

if that Rinse Mix CD was going to be truly representative of his current sets it would have about 247 J:Kenzo dubs on it.. he's on fire at the moment (if you like that sort of thing)