benjybars

village elder.
sorry i'm being dumb what Hessle cd are you referring to?

also, last bit of spam.. come see Keysound, LHF & United Vibes for free TONIGHT!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=186070608102797&ref=ts

buss out a summertime shuffle in one of the nicest pubs in London :)

2192664792_fe5488351e.jpg

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
http://www.factmag.com/2011/04/07/hessle-audio-presents-116-rising/

2xCD/3×12

CD1
01. Elgato – Music (Bodymix)
02. Untold – Cool Story Bro
03. Blawan – Potchla Vee
04. Pearson Sound – Stifle
05. Joe – Twice
06. Randomer – Brunk
07. Pangaea – Run Out
08. Cosmin TRG – Bijoux
09. D1 – Subzero
10. Addison Groove – Fuk Tha 101
11. James Blake – Give A Man A Rod (Second Version)
12. Peverelist – Sun Dance

CD2
01. Pangaea – You & I
02. Untold – Test Signal
03. Blawan – Fram
04. James Blake – Buzzard & Kestrel
05. Untold – I Can’t Stop This Feeling
06. Joe – Rut
07. Ramadanman – Blimey
08. TRG – Put You Down
09. Joe – Level Crossing
10. Pangaea – Why
11. TRG – Broken Heart (Martyn’s DCM Remix)
12. Ramadanman – Don’t Change For Me

wise

bare BARE BONES
not surprisingly really Hessle totally blows Hotflush out of the water (and most other labels)

tomd

penis like a micromachine
look, not sure when this came out, dont care. cant stop listening to it, opinions on breakage? his album got some good reviews but only really enjoyed afew tunes. this on the other hand though..
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JQlSe-iS6j0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Together is a tune and a half. Apparently he's gone a bit farting robot since then, though? Haven't heard the album...

His choppy atmospheric drum and bass stuff was immense, obviously.

Phaedo

Breakage's early dubstep output was insane. Callahan, Untitled, Late Night, Rain, Higher ect. Shame he seemed just to see dollar signs and run for the mainstream though.

computer_rock

yea. this is the one i meant to post earlier VIP !

anyway back to the dubstep schedule... the black sun LP is great and otherman particularly is epic

joe.dfx

who knows...
breakage also had a couple tunes under the name "James" that never came out that he made the same time as callahan, etc, that are really, really good. his new stuff doesn't appeal to me at all though.

the dog days remix wasn't too bad imo, and the massive attack remix from a bit ago was cool too.

joe.dfx

who knows...
new Kryptic Minds LP out on Black Box.

i like it, but not enough to buy it. it's just too doom & gloom all the way through.

Rusko came to mpls last night and played to a good 1500 people in first avenue's mainroom.

it was quite the spectacle to see so many people getting that crazy to dubstep.

shame they're mostly fly-by-night fans though....

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Breakage's early dubstep output was insane. Callahan, Untitled, Late Night, Rain, Higher ect. Shame he seemed just to see dollar signs and run for the mainstream though.

Really? When did that happen?

I haven't been paying attention.

Used to really like this tune and a great many others by Breakage

I dunno, nowadays I see a lot of 'choppage' as a nerd-y/connoisseur-y version of jungle with all the fun and energy sucked out of it...

''Hard'' was one of the last dubstep tunes I really loved (although its arguably just a grime tune if you think of tunes like ''Frontline'' by Newham Generals)... I heard a few bits off his LP for Digital Soundboy and I quite liked them too.

i.e.

computer_rock

Really? When did that happen?

I haven't been paying attention.

Used to really like this tune and a great many others by Breakage

I dunno, nowadays I see a lot of 'choppage' as a nerd-y/connoisseur-y version of jungle with all the fun and energy sucked out of it...

i dunno. to me his early stuff, breaks wise, sounds like something that coulda come out the mid 90s. it definitely has an energy

wise

bare BARE BONES

I don't get this comment?
Do you mean in contemporary tunes?
Chopping breaks was a mainstay of a lot of 'proper' Jungle