mos dan

fact music
it was a really good show, kept me awake :D joker was just incredible

wicked - is his dj-ing as good as his productions yet? haven't heard it yet. what did oneman play? and was it commented on as in any way significant that loefah picked someone who plays mostly 05 era dubstep as his 'future of bass'? i mean, i love oneman's taste in dubstep and selection policy 100%, and always have - but isn't it a bit of an indictment of the current state of 'the bass movement'?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Oneman played a mixture of old and new:

Brackles – ‘Get A Job (VIP)’ (Applepips)
Loefah – Midnight’ (Dubplate)
Toasty – ‘Lickable’ (Dubplate)
Point B – ‘E Blade’ (Combat Recordings)
Mala – ‘Forgive’ (Deep Medi)
Groove Chronicles – ‘Stone Cold’ (White Label)
Darkstar – ‘Aidy’s Girl is a Computer’ (Hyperdub)

elgato

I just dont know
was it commented on as in any way significant that loefah picked someone who plays mostly 05 era dubstep as his 'future of bass'? i mean, i love oneman's taste in dubstep and selection policy 100%, and always have - but isn't it a bit of an indictment of the current state of 'the bass movement'?

i reckon its more a reflection of Loefah than anything more, and in any case i think as an element, Oneman's style is something to be very much welcomed as part of the scene moving forward

this i think is a sick blog which touches on the matter of where its going / been - out to Corpsey

mos dan

fact music
i reckon its more a reflection of Loefah than anything more

how do you mean? where has loefah even been the last 18 months?

great blog corpsey, i had no idea you had one. nor grand! did everyone on dsf get a blog after i stopped checking it? ;)

elgato

I just dont know
i don't mean anything specific by it cos i have no idea about him, but it seems that he's disengaged from the scene to a fair extent, so i just don't think his choice is much to go by as an indicator of dubstep as a whole. even if he was still really engaged it would still just be one guy making a choice

but yeh, corpsey, im feeling your blog a lot!

Client Eastwood

oingy boingy killed me on the bus this morning, i was grinning and swaying like a madman. oh and that peverelist mix of 2nd II nones waterfalls. yes i been listening to dusk and blackdowns rinse sessions, albeit late. hold tight !

mos dan

fact music
anyone care to give me a brief sonic resume for this lot?

event-070908.gif

i like what i'm hearing on gemmy's myspace.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Gemmy = Joker's mate. makes wobby wonky that sounds as if Herbie Hancock was road. Amazing.

Jakes = makes Coki/Caspa style wobblers, comes from a noizy new school d&b background

RSD = Rob Smith, Bristol jungle legend. Makes breaky jungle-inspired 140 stuff in what the "Bristol style" used to mean when Roni Size/Massive Attack etc ran things out west...

UFO over easy

online mahjong
RSDs music is coming from many years of experience with sound systems, his tunes will sound amazing at fwd!

Jakes' music is weirder than that I think, Martin. The sounds he uses are very disparate and strange. Some of the newer things I have heard are totally off the wall. Big wobblers but deranged in a very unique way. I used not to like them at all but they've been growing on me steadily. It's a shame 3kout got battered so mercilessly.

Last edited: