Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I can't stand more than about two of those type of tunes in a row, and even then I have to be drunk.

Maybe I'm not drunk enough.

benjybars

village elder.
benjy has now officially used up all his 'wheel-it-up' credits for the year ;) how many times did you pull up those dnb riddims mate?! lol.

listen, yeah, you try drinking 413 bottles of that nigerian guiness in 4 hours and see how hard it is to resist pulling up records... :eek:

i thought Joker's set was sick tbh... loads of great grimey stuff.

viktorvaughn

It goes down so easy! Like drinking a boozy chocolate bar...

Totally suitable to drink something as dark and rich as the room you are in standing in being stuck by bass...

tom pr

was it just me or was the (brilliant) joker playing some of the most grotesquely male rusko-esque drubstep as his final tune(s)?
dan have you heard that new maniac tune? plastician played it on rinse the other night and joker, who was on for a guest mix, pulled it up (hence why i ask- he may have played it on sunday), and it's v macho thugsteppy. 'three crows', i think it's quite ominously titled.

anyway, as of today i have gully brook lane and holly brook park on vinyl, so i am a happy man. and i agree with slothrop, sometimes you need a bit of wobble. i've been caning that rusko m.a.h. mix lately...

mos dan

fact music
dan have you heard that new maniac tune?

no, will look out for it though.

i DO hear what people are saying about mixing it up a bit with some wobble.. a little bit of wiling out can be fun and so on, but things like this:

are just anti-music. just horrible. that last song joker played, to me, felt like someone was using a pneumatic drill.

tom pr

leave the pneumatic drill out of it. ;)

don't take that as some silly 'moaners'-related diss btw mate- just the drill sample's too appropriate to resist.

on a less abrasive note, i got linked to this yesterday - download link for shackleton, mala and flying lotus' sets at sonar. the shack set actually sounds better on headphones than it did in the flesh; you get a better balance with the bass and the vocals at the end. in person the bass was so overpowering it felt like yr throat was about to cave in...

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
leave the pneumatic drill out of it. ;)

don't take that as some silly 'moaners'-related diss btw mate- just the drill sample's too appropriate to resist.

on a less abrasive note, i got linked to this yesterday - download link for shackleton, mala and flying lotus' sets at sonar. the shack set actually sounds better on headphones than it did in the flesh; you get a better balance with the bass and the vocals at the end. in person the bass was so overpowering it felt like yr throat was about to cave in...

thanks for that Tom, I don't think I own any Mala sets.

elgato

I just dont know
Mala's sets are becoming very techy nowadays :/ still a lot of deepness but theyre not connecting with me so much nowadays...

that tune with Anti Social with the horns almost makes up for it though

also that Breakage tune Together which i heard him drop at FWD was pretty spectacular

does anyone know whats going on with the DMZ label though? is it just a matter of busyness?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think a lot of people didn't notice. It's like in a film when someone gets their arm chopped off and they stare uncomprehendingly at where their arm used to be. Their arm should be there.

actually, didn't know Hollybrook Park was out- ships on monday... goodbye another six quid, then

tom pr

yeah nomos, he was playing off a laptop. it was less intense, more just extremely bassy- it was a different type of bass to plastic people; rather than being hit by it it felt more like you were ingesting it. if that makes sense. it was great to experience, but live you could barely tell there was that vocal bit at the end because the whole thing was so overpowering. on the recording you get a better balance i think.

my favourite time seeing shackleton was still at the washing line earlier this year, in what was effectively a wine cellar in camden with about fifty people in it, with the skyline on fire...

Sonar was a much larger and more open, lighter space...
i'd never been before, and it wasnt until quarter of an hour into shack's set i realised there was no roof! that was the best room by far.