viktorvaughn

N-Type and Plastician's garage set at FWD was pretty great, kicked off with the Tood Edwards remix of that 'As I Am' track and never looked back, really good energy and pace and nice to see two such technically skilled DJs mixing wicked tunes for a change.

Nice to hear Pokes in PP, Hijack was sounding ok, maybe going a bit wobblewobblebassfetishism territory, left part way through.

Pangaea seemed good too, quite head-nodding without inspiring full brock out time manoeuvres.

Tomas

N-Type and Plastician's garage set at FWD was pretty great, kicked off with the Tood Edwards remix of that 'As I Am' track and never looked back, really good energy and pace and nice to see two such technically skilled DJs mixing wicked tunes for a change.

Nice to hear Pokes in PP, Hijack was sounding ok, maybe going a bit wobblewobblebassfetishism territory, left part way through.

Pangaea seemed good too, quite head-nodding without inspiring full brock out time manoeuvres.

yeh i think that's spot on: absolutely loved plastician and n type, thought pangaea was ok but not quite as good as i hoped and left after half an hour of hijack - after the first two or three tunes, what i heard of his set was totally lacking in interest for me, just numbing wobblers.

first time i've been to fwd in absolutely ages - good to see you can still enjoy a cheeky smoke on the dancefloor :)

viktorvaughn

For sure. Pangeae reminded me of TRG a bit but less banging - pretty nice but not really setting me alight in any way. Would have liked to see Tubby do a jungle set but was shattered.

It reminded me how much I like Crazy D, hearing his little phrases for the 50th time over the tracks just serve to make the the little room and the whole experience more cosy and familiar somehow..

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Crazy always gets/used to get shit from people for not having lyrics etc. but personally I've always enjoyed sets a lot more (live, not on the radio) when he's been there. He's a host in the true sense, helping to guide you through - this was particularly true of Martyn's 2 hour set at FWD in February (I can't wait til he plays there again), I thought.

Anyone going to this saturday?

EXODUS & ROOM 237

SATURDAY 1ST NOVEMBER

ROOM 1: EXODUS - DUBSTEP, DUB, REGGAE, DANCEHALL

MORITZ VON OSWALD FEAT. TIKIMAN (RHYTHM & SOUND, BERLIN)
THE BUG FEAT. FLOWDAN (NINJA TUNE / REPHLEX)
APPLEBLIM (SKULL DISCO)
DISTANCE (CHESTPLATE / PLANET MU)
RSD - ROB SMITH (PUNCH DRUNK / EARWAX)

'THE VANGUARD OF DUB'

IRATION STEPPAS SOUND SYSTEM
'THE SPIRITUAL STEPPIN WARRIORS PLAYIN DUBZ INNA YEAR 3000 STYLE'
ROOM 2: ROOM 237 - TECHNO, ELECTRONICA

POLE Live (SCAPE)
T++ Live (HARDWAX / MDR / EROSION / CHAIN REACTION)
NEIL LANDSTRUMM Live (PLANET MU)
DAZ QUAYLE (SCSI-AV)
P45 Live (ROOM 237 / SEQUENCE)
COMPUTER CONTROLLED DJS (ROOM 237 / SEQUENCE)

I'm hoping this lives up to its lineup and helps me get over a lot of my doubts about dubstep... Haven't heard Iration's full system before, either :D I'm hoping it isn't going to be either A) po-faced more-techno-than-thou or B) gurn-faced more-mashed-up-than-thou. Although the latter would be more enjoyable.

In other news, the Bloc festival lineup is looking pretty good (also on a bit of a techno/dubstep crossover thing...)

DUBLIME

[London]

Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry - LIVE BAND
Scientist aka Hopeton Brown - DUB SHOW
Digital Mystikz
Kode 9
Tipper
Mad Professor - DUB SHOW
Rusko - Exclusive LIVE DEBUT
Ed Rush and Optical
Plastician
Zion Train - LIVE BAND
Pole - LIVE

SPLIT VS TILTED DISCO

[London]

Frequency 7 feat. Ben Sims and Surgeon
Rob Hood - FULL LIVE SHOW
James Ruskin
Redshape - LIVE
Steve Strawberry & Alex Downey

SUBLOADED

[Bristol]

CURATED BY DJ PINCH,

Pinch
Appleblim
2562- LIVE
Vex'd (Jamie)
Peveralist
Joker B2B Blazey
Hosted by MC SGT Pokes

I'm very interested in catching Jamie Vex'd to see what he's up to nowadays.

Last edited:

Shonx

Shallow House
Yes, interestingly the harder, stronger faster sounds didn't have much longevity in techno or dnb

:slanted:

It's still going that way at most free parties I've been to. I do think that most people have realised as with death metal that the extremities are actually quite funny rather than something to be thought of as any expression other than geek rage after having watched too many horror movies.

mos dan

fact music
In other news, the Bloc festival lineup is looking pretty good (also on a bit of a techno/dubstep crossover thing...)

the bloc organisers were fucking rude to me a couple years back, and then when the gordon smart/burial shit kicked off this summer they tried to get back in touch on bended knee to find out if i could 'get' burial for bloc weekend for them. hahahaha

still, have fun if you go obviously ;)

viktorvaughn

event-091108.gif

is an interesting one. Does Zinc make dubstep tempo stuff? Or could be on a funky flex (he produces funky as moonshine with Geeneus right...) or a vintage breakbeat garage set would be nice too!

Kode9 and Shackleton further down the line too...some good stuff at FWD, needs more grime.

hint

party record with a siren
Does Zinc make dubstep tempo stuff? Or could be on a funky flex (he produces funky as moonshine with Geeneus right...) or a vintage breakbeat garage set would be nice too!

He's popping up on a few fliers listed as doing "House" sets at the moment.