mms

sometimes
a dj, didn't recognise him from anywhere else. played a bit of boogie and italo from the small stints i saw.

also was one of the most ramout nights i've ever been to - you could barely move in either room at peak time.

don't think he played italo.
lots of vocoder stuff and latin freestyle, early house, i think he ran out of records at the end due to leaving a chunk at home accidentally. There was a lass with a hula hoop who was amazing at dancing for a bit but became annoying after a while.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
sounded like italo to these ears but admittedly i am not incredibly well versed in disco.

at any rate the boogie at the beginning was v v welcome relief after the initial nightmare of arriving and realising JUST how crowded it was in that main room.

was a bit disappointed the darkstar live set didn't happen - bit of a lacklustre dj set instead. what was that MAD remix of wonder & kano - 'what have u done' that he played tho??

wise

bare BARE BONES
i don't think that was her actually ^^^

she was pretty annoying.

That's not her but she did have the same stripey tights on, maybe it's some kind of hula uniform?

She was showing off in the smoking area before she went in room 2.
She kept fumbling her hoop and nearly hitting me and my mates.
Carny

Last edited:

powerpill

yeah she completely spoilt the atmosphere for Videeos set in room 2. oh well.

musically the night was pretty good. enjoyed kode 9 dropping a decent segment of grime classics. also mala dropping some old coki stuff and root etc. wasnt really impressed with any of the 'live' sets though. maybe just not my thing. ikonika smashed it to pieces!!

Pestario

tell your friends
arg, really tried to enjoy the hyperdub night but it was so bloody rammed. I was still rinsed from Rinse+FWD and had no energy to battle the crowds. It was alright sitting on the subs in room 2 but the room got so crowded that I couldn't be bothered going to the bar, hence a sober night. After clawing my way to the toilet I sadly couldn't face the madness again. Managed to catch Mala's set though, which was amazing. Just wish I had the cojones to stick around for Kode 9's set :(

john eden

male pale and stale
I thought the hyperdub night was great - KMS reminded me of some classic On-U stuff with Kevin tweaking away on the desk.

Kode9's live set was surprisingly "stadium". The bits of Mala I caught were awesome.

nice crowd, much catching up and chatting in the smoking area and corridor.

I managed til about 2am.

A man sitting next to me on the nightbus was sick all over the place. :mad:

grave

I'm quite tempted to go to Plan B this Friday, but first I'd like to know if the mythical 'Zomby live show' is actually 'ready' this time.

benjybars

village elder.
yeah she completely spoilt the atmosphere for Videeos set in room 2. oh well.

musically the night was pretty good. enjoyed kode 9 dropping a decent segment of grime classics. also mala dropping some old coki stuff and root etc. wasnt really impressed with any of the 'live' sets though. maybe just not my thing. ikonika smashed it to pieces!!

i agree about live sets... really, really don't see the point in them.

Kode's grime segment was RUFF! Morgue, Ho, Ice Rink etc.. :D

and the system in both rooms @ corsica is mint. So crisp.

Wild Horses
i agree about live sets... really, really don't see the point in them.

Kode's grime segment was RUFF! Morgue, Ho, Ice Rink etc.. :D

and the system in both rooms @ corsica is mint. So crisp.

Our live set wasn't ready in time for the birthday, but in my opinion the live set's were the highlight of the evening. I think to set new standards and grow artistically performing live is very important. im happy to be encouraged by hyperdub to do this. to have a birthday party with just dj's would of been too similar to everything else that is going on in my opinion. club nights right now are starting to feel very repetitive in terms of line-ups, it's good to push the live way, there's lots of scope for this direction.

benjybars

village elder.
Our live set wasn't ready in time for the birthday, but in my opinion the live set's were the highlight of the evening. I think to set new standards and grow artistically performing live is very important. im happy to be encouraged by hyperdub to do this. to have a birthday party with just dj's would of been too similar to everything else that is going on in my opinion. club nights right now are starting to feel very repetitive in terms of line-ups, it's good to push the live way, there's lots of scope for this direction.

fair enough.

but every single live set i've ever seen from dance music producer/dj/group etc has always felt like a pointless, bloated exercise in doing something different for the sake of it..

you say a line-up of just DJs would be too similar... but that's like going to a series of beethoven concertos and moaning that every single one used a conductor.

dance music, in a rave, definitely works best when mixed well by a creative dj.

that's what i think anyway. ;)

wise

bare BARE BONES
fair enough.

but every single live set i've ever seen from dance music producer/dj/group etc has always felt like a pointless, bloated exercise in doing something different for the sake of it..

you say a line-up of just DJs would be too similar... but that's like going to a series of beethoven concertos and moaning that every single one used a conductor.

dance music, in a rave, definitely works best when mixed well by a creative dj.

that's what i think anyway. ;)

^^^^^ this
i've never seen a good live set in a club either