continuum

smugpolice
been listening to a lot of guido at work recently. looking forward to more from him next year
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mms

sometimes

Though more reinterpretation than remix; Still, the chorus of Digidesign is a reworked version of the main melody of the tune.

you can't just say something, present an example of what you've made up that's shit and expect people to then believe what you say.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
you can't just say something, present an example of what you've made up that's shit and expect people to then believe what you say.

reynolds manages to get away with exactly this, only without the examples.

less snarkily, new JO sounds quite decent. still can't quite believe he's in the sound of 2010 poll, aimless industry bullshit though it is.

mms

sometimes
reynolds manages to get away with exactly this, only without the examples.

less snarkily, new JO sounds quite decent. still can't quite believe he's in the sound of 2010 poll, aimless industry bullshit though it is.

oh please what has this got to do with simon reynolds? nada. Plus its like a broken record the endless circle of reynolds saying something dumb and you lot baiting it.

Last edited:

hucks

Your Message Here

It's a really transparent self fulfilling prophecy. And a strange award to win.

And you do mention Simon Reynolds a lot esp re Hyph Mngo. Is there something we don't know?:D

gumdrops

reynolds is just like everyones favourite nuum punchbag now. though saying that, i dont think i know a critic who gets quoted/cited as much as he does. there was a review of the new snoop album in the big issue the other day and he was paraphrased even in that!

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
reynolds is just like everyones favourite nuum punchbag now.

yeah i was just being flippant as gumdrops points out, sorry! don't actually give a shit in the scheme of things. mms since when did anyone have to stay on topic? i was obviously being pointlessly snide/silly.

anyway i think the story of hyph mngo's ascent to sasha-in-front-of-40k status has been a really interesting one - read tom lea's write up on the fact website. did it win tune of the year both there and on RA, someone told me? also quite interesting, given RA's tech/house focus

mms

sometimes
yeah i was just being flippant as gumdrops points out, sorry! don't actually give a shit in the scheme of things. mms since when did anyone have to stay on topic? i was obviously being pointlessly snide/silly.

anyway i think the story of hyph mngo's ascent to sasha-in-front-of-40k status has been a really interesting one - read tom lea's write up on the fact website. did it win tune of the year both there and on RA, someone told me? also quite interesting, given RA's tech/house focus

it fulfills everyones wishes like a genie that track.

gumdrops

did i miss the big dmz statement about 2010? im secretly hoping it will include reissues of all the original 12s in an analord style wallet and about 10 more new ones of unreleased dubs.

alex

Do not read this.
the only 2 dmz plates I am after now are..

Living Different/Drunken Swagger

Jah Power Dub/City Cycle

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
it fulfills everyones wishes like a genie that track.

On the JO tip, hadn't heard this one before:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reminds me of Black Sun in places, very nice rising arpeggio-esque part in there too.