Tim F

Also, I need a track ID for the second tune in this set. Menacing 2-note grimey bassline and what sounds like a high pitched guitar strum. Pitched down voice tag says "This is a ....????". Also appears on that classic 20.3.10 set near the beginning. Its one of the best tunes for MCs I've ever heard in funky.

I have wondered this frequently myself.

Alfons

Way of the future

maybe the wrong thread for this tune? Name of the producer being kept under wraps it seems, big tune.

Benny Bunter

I recorded Murdz 86 on live fm earlier. Plenty of dubs and unreleased stuff from Seany B, Ill blu, Champion, LR Groove, Babyface Jay, DJ Naughty, Shay & Sinista, Greyman etc plus a few of Murdz' own productions later on in the show. Plus he quite thoughtfully tells you what most of the tunes he plays are. Recommended...

http://www.mediafire.com/?w39zfoujkoke6hi

Last edited:

benw

*spam

anyone near brighton this forum's own man like slackk, brackles b2b braiden and sbtrkt are all appearing at my nights first birthday in just under two weeks - jan fourteenth at life club - £6 b4 midnight, more thereafter.

*end spam

outraygeous

im gona sneak this one in here because I know that Blackdown was talking about Circle and Dubbage being the next big thing.

infact, with the demise of Heartless.. i got a small felling that this whole SWEEP DEM GALLY thing might blow up (petchy, topsy and those guys)

Smoove Kriminal

@SmooveKriminal <Twitter
Beautiful Mind EP

Hey everyone! A happy new year to you all.

Just wanted to post up a few updates personally..

My 'House' based Beautiful Mind EP is coming out 31st Jan at www.smoovekriminal.com and perhaps another EP in mid Feb, depending on how the promo'ing goes.

Also, grab some bits of my soundcloud if you haven't done so already www.soundcloud.com/smoovekriminal

Will be adding more bits to the sound cloud real soon :)

Smoove!

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^ Big up Smoove Kriminal for posting. I love when stuff like this happens. Everyone should grab Tinkerbell from the soundcloud, that one's got a big groove to it. :cool:

Benny Bunter

Hey everyone! A happy new year to you all.

Just wanted to post up a few updates personally..

My 'House' based Beautiful Mind EP is coming out 31st Jan at www.smoovekriminal.com and perhaps another EP in mid Feb, depending on how the promo'ing goes.

Also, grab some bits of my soundcloud if you haven't done so already www.soundcloud.com/smoovekriminal

Will be adding more bits to the sound cloud real soon :)

Smoove!

Thanks a lot! Loving the tunes and the show on deja.

Any plans to release stop dat?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal

im gona sneak this one in here because I know that Blackdown was talking about Circle and Dubbage being the next big thing.

infact, with the demise of Heartless.. i got a small felling that this whole SWEEP DEM GALLY thing might blow up (petchy, topsy and those guys)

Yeah I think you might be right here, and obviously I hope this is what happens.
At the moment though it feels like it's sort of going both ways at once. E.g. SK's just said that his next EP is going to be housey stuff, but then he's also got hard-edged funky bits like Stop Dat that the MCs love going over. Will be interesting to see how it all ends up obv.
What's the story behind Heartless dispanding anyway, or had they just had enough?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I recorded Murdz 86 on live fm earlier. Plenty of dubs and unreleased stuff from Seany B, Ill blu, Champion, LR Groove, Babyface Jay, DJ Naughty, Shay & Sinista, Greyman etc plus a few of Murdz' own productions later on in the show. Plus he quite thoughtfully tells you what most of the tunes he plays are. Recommended...

http://www.mediafire.com/?w39zfoujkoke6hi

Yes yes! Feeling the new Seany B and Champion bits on this especially.
Benny I reckon Live FM should be paying you some kind of comission for the ammount of hype you must have generated for them by recording and uploading all these shows. :)

tom lea

me and T. Williams will be on Rinse tomorrow (well, today now - Wednesday), on Marcus Nasty's show. 7pm-9pm. should be good.

Tim F

Hyping circle/dubbage as "the next big thing" just seems odd to me, a bit like caring about "funky" back in 2005. There's nothing in the music to distinguish it from a Jerome Sydenham DJ set from five years ago (and hasn't been for the 3 years of the scene's existence to date). That might change in the future at some point but hyping it now feels like trying to play the "hardcore continuum" like a stockmarket.

Smoove Kriminal

@SmooveKriminal <Twitter
Thanks a lot! Loving the tunes and the show on deja.

Any plans to release stop dat?

Hi Benny, glad you like the show! I've got plans to release quite a bit this year. I didn't release 'Stop That!' last year, as I still wanted to see where it would go, and wanted to see who would catch on to it etc, but in no way want the track to die out; be forgotten about, so may end up releasing it as a single if I can't formulate an EP with it.

I did make a few other tracks along the lines of Stop That! a good while back, will deffo spin them on my show at some point.

Deffo look out for my track 'Digi-Tek' which is recieving some rotation at the moment, ideally I need to upload some YouTube videos; will sort that out soonish too.

@ Andy - Big up, glad your feeling the music! ;)