Benny Bunter

all the old school djs on live FM like Reaper and Fatal use vinyl a lot so thats probably why. Really like the old school shows on live actually, the djs absolutely love their garage and jungle and that really comes across in the hosting.

ifthe21st

A while back Tim and someone else were trying to ID a tune Petchy plays at the beginning of the super legendary set from early-2010. Could this have been Lil' Silva's 'Different'? Don't have the Petchy set handy, but its second on Rinse 10 - Marcus Nasty.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
all the old school djs on live FM like Reaper and Fatal use vinyl a lot so thats probably why. Really like the old school shows on live actually, the djs absolutely love their garage and jungle and that really comes across in the hosting.
I heard Reaper playing some new garage (not future garage) which sounded alot like the original sound. He also bigged up Whistla and Sub FM.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
OK so as usual I've got about a half dozen not-really-related things I want to post in this thread over the course of the day, bear with me....

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
May as well start with this, for those who haven't heard it yet.
Carnao Beats - Biker Gonga:
Total percie right now.

Also for any Twitter crew that didn't see it -
"12 Carnao beats full tracks on 1 disc good price inbox me who wants. RT RT"
Just messaged him about this a wee minute ago.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
"No trainers or sports wear allowed, Converse and Vans OK" has to be one of the more bizarrely specific dresscode requirements I've seen on a night.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Ossie giving away this tune Alien on his Soundcloud page:
Like this one a lot, it's got those colourful, groovy textures to it that I always associate with Ossie plus a nice, kinda pale-sounding vocal done by himself. Imo if producers want to make 'deep' tunes then this is the sort of way to do it
Keeping on the Soundcloud tip, HHB recently uploaded clips of 8 new tunes to his:
http://soundcloud.com/hardhousebanton
Quite a diverse mix but some of them are def better than others (again imo). The Export is prob the pick of the bunch for me. Hearing these I get what franz was saying about Banton being increasingly influenced by that electro/Dutch house kind of sound - and on some tunes he incorporates it into UK styles nicely, but some others it sounds a bit dry.
A question for anyone that knows, if it's not too ignorant - did Jammin used to do grime? Or still do it as well now even? I really like him whenever I hear him on Live FM, but don't know much about him otherwise.

Benny Bunter

A while back Tim and someone else were trying to ID a tune Petchy plays at the beginning of the super legendary set from early-2010. Could this have been Lil' Silva's 'Different'? Don't have the Petchy set handy, but its second on Rinse 10 - Marcus Nasty.

No its definitely not that one. I don't think its lil Silva but it does have a strong grime influence which is kind of similar to his stuff I suppose.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
A question for anyone that knows, if it's not too ignorant - did Jammin used to do grime? Or still do it as well now even? I really like him whenever I hear him on Live FM, but don't know much about him otherwise.

He did some garage/grime tunes years ago, I think he had some releases on Bingo (Zinc's label)

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Cool, might try and track those down.
Funkystepz - Fuller/Hurricane Riddim due out on Hyperdub on 14th Feb. Valentine's funk and that.
Did anyone catch Eastwood's first show on Deja back on Saturday? I mean to listen but then like an idiot I forgot, and there doesn't seem to be a podcast of it about.

Benny Bunter

He did some garage/grime tunes years ago, I think he had some releases on Bingo (Zinc's label)

Nah, Jammin' was a Zinc alias. We're talking about an MC with a yardie flow who's on Live FM at the minute. Makes sense that he came out of grime.