luka

http://vulive.co.uk/content/2010/01/31/weeksey-22-jan-2010/

I have to promote the new weeksey show because i did leave the comment complaining about the lack of a tracklist and he emailed me the same day to say he just added it. that is what you call a diamond geezer. what a champion. a lot of american stuff to start the show. mak 10 is my favourite in terms of mixing but weeksey is my favourite selector.
i much prefer these shows to the marcus ones partly becasue rankin and majestic get on my nerves while weeksey is so likeable, and bandit is pretty good when hes about, but partly just prefer the selection. mixing is often a bit out but that doesnt mean much to me... bit of a KLANG! oh well....

Last edited:

Tim F

Basically it relieves me of the grim prospect of trying to make a living out of writing about uk funky.

Luka, that Unknown Strangers track is massive!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Full disclosure: yes I'm a lawyer.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:D

jackmaster

time, space, transmat
This thread's got legs. Long ones.

Different Lekstrix will be out start of April probably.

The correct artist and title is Mr. Majika - Different Lekstrix.

L-vis 1990 remix on the flip and a Deadboy Dubstep remix as a digital exclusive.

luka

information on dj champion?

nah but its a great tune...

grimey! very grimey actually...what tune does it sound like from grime days?

jimitheexploder

I was talking to a tech house Dj last night about uk funky and he couldn't really see how it was related to house. Compared to the stuff he was playing, I can see why he'd think that too. I even played some Karizma to try and join the dots a bit for him but he was having none of it, he's a lost cause haha... But it made me wonder about funky's housey-ness, like how the age old house scene see uk funky as I'd not really thought about it from that side before, since I kind of got bored of house some time ago untill funky peaked my interest again.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
speaking of that endz remix reminds me - there was a funky remix of "when i'm 'ere" doing the rounds at some point, think it was last year? I distinctly remember it being on a producers myspace page and them saying it would be out soon - only problem is i can't remember the name of the producer for the life of me. i heard one radio rip and it was pretty great in a pulse vs flex type of way

did it ever come out? anybody have any idea what the fark i'm on about?

Simon78

speaking of that endz remix reminds me - there was a funky remix of "when i'm 'ere" doing the rounds at some point, think it was last year? I distinctly remember it being on a producers myspace page and them saying it would be out soon - only problem is i can't remember the name of the producer for the life of me. i heard one radio rip and it was pretty great in a pulse vs flex type of way

did it ever come out? anybody have any idea what the fark i'm on about?

Yeah it was G-Dub and it was supposed to be released by Roll Deep. That was last summer though so I doubt its coming out now.

Its in his player

http://www.myspace.com/gdubp

I was talking to a tech house Dj last night about uk funky and he couldn't really see how it was related to house. Compared to the stuff he was playing, I can see why he'd think that too. I even played some Karizma to try and join the dots a bit for him but he was having none of it, he's a lost cause haha... But it made me wonder about funky's housey-ness, like how the age old house scene see uk funky as I'd not really thought about it from that side before, since I kind of got bored of house some time ago untill funky peaked my interest again.

I've found the same with tech-house djs i know, some can't differentiate between funky and oldskool garage and even tend to just lump it all into "urban london sound" they don't like it for all the reasons that i do. These are people who love Hyph Mngo.. i suppose cos it has that lush 90s house feel. People like Prosumer have been playing a few bits like Lil Silva. I like funky that's as far away from other house sounds as possible really, probably my favourite tune so far is Shystie - pull it (Ill Blu remix), i doubt any house dj i know in Belfast would play it.

boyalive

looking for a good cowboy
this thread's got legs. Long ones.

Different lekstrix will be out start of april probably.

The correct artist and title is mr. Majika - different lekstrix.

L-vis 1990 remix on the flip and a deadboy dubstep remix as a digital exclusive.

lol.