good looking people with stuff.

zhao

there are no accidents
chasing a man is like a dog chasing a stationary car surely?

that is true in the looking-for-sex-in-the-club context only.

plenty of men are unavailable and thus more desireable to the women who chase them. that's why it might be a good idea to start wearing a fake wedding ring on hunting trips (though I'd never sink down to that level. probably.)

bassnation

the abyss
that is true in the looking-for-sex-in-the-club context only.

plenty of men are unavailable and thus more desireable to the women who chase them. that's why it might be a good idea to start wearing a fake wedding ring on hunting trips (though I'd never sink down to that level. probably.)

yeah, when i used to wear my wedding ring i had loads of opportunities for that kind of thing. there is a certain group of women who only want to date married men for some reason, but i don't believe in doing that. not moralising, and each to his own but when i'm serious about someone, it means just that.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
there is a certain group of women who only want to date married men for some reason
It's like a seal of approval perhaps.
189%20Seal%20Pup%20Clapping.JPG

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
going on a date tonight and i know if i act aloof and not or barely interested she'll be chasing me for as long as i care to keep running.

so fucked.

it's true we all play games, because we are all thrown into the arena, with previously established rules that a single individual can not really bend or break very much on his/her own. and those who claim they "do not play games" and are "not a part of it" are kidding themselves -- oh they are playing alright, just unconsciously, and likely not very well.

so the machiavellian pragmatic course of action would of course be to simply get better at playing these games. (at the risk of losing one's soul i suppose some would say)

swears

preppy-kei
it's true we all play games, because we are all thrown into the arena, with previously established rules that a single individual can not really bend or break very much on his/her own. and those who claim they "do not play games" and are "not a part of it" are kidding themselves -- oh they are playing alright, just unconsciously, and likely not very well.

I think the people who are best at mind games (in relationships or just in life generally) are those who don't even think about it, they just follow through with the arrogance or the passive-aggressive behaviour almost instinctively. It has to be internalised, if you're sitting there planning the moves, you're not "playing" 100%.

bassnation

the abyss
I think the people who are best at mind games (in relationships or just in life generally) are those who don't even think about it, they just follow through with the arrogance or the passive-aggressive behaviour almost instinctively. It has to be internalised, if you're sitting there planning the moves, you're not "playing" 100%.

hey with practice you'll be doing it with your eyes closed too.

swears

preppy-kei
I am no good at the whole mind games thing myself, btw. I don't think it's something that is 100% deliberately learned, some people pick it up, others don't, depending on nature/nuture. If I've ever got what I wanted, it was by accident, lol.

bassnation

the abyss
I am no good at the whole mind games thing myself, btw. I don't think it's something that is 100% deliberately learned, some people pick it up, others don't, depending on nature/nuture. If I've ever got what I wanted, it was by accident, lol.

Good times for a change
See, the luck Ive had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

So please please please
Let me, let me, let me
Let me get what I want
This time

Havent had a dream in a long time
See, the life Ive had
Can make a good man bad

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time
Lord knows, it would be the first time

zhao

there are no accidents

i think anyone can learn to play well. regardless of physical attributes, age, whatever.

So keep on playing those mind games together...

zhao

there are no accidents
I think the people who are best at mind games (in relationships or just in life generally) are those who don't even think about it

i think this is true sometimes -- there are naturals in every field.

but it is also true that in almost any field levels of mastery can be attained by anyone who cares to learn and practice.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
OK, who is going to do better in a crucial date or job interview: The person who thinks "Oh shit! I've g-g-got to get a grip on myself and act confident!" or the person who just is confident because they've never had any reason to believe otherwise?

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
OK, who is going to do better in a crucial date or job interview: The person who thinks "Oh shit! I've g-g-got to get a grip on myself and act confident!" or the person who just is confident because they've never had any reason to believe otherwise?
The one with the shortest skirt?

bassnation

the abyss

yeah but again, you can start off as the former and progress to the latter with practice. i go to loads of interviews, i work on short term contracts. when i started my interview technique frankly wasn't polished at all. now i've been to so many its like second nature. nothing is 100% innate, believe.

Pestario

tell your friends
yeah but again, you can start off as the former and progress to the latter with practice. i go to loads of interviews, i work on short term contracts. when i started my interview technique frankly wasn't polished at all. now i've been to so many its like second nature. nothing is 100% innate, believe.

There are classes aren't there, for picking up, that you can pay money for.

swears

preppy-kei
Sure, but on the whole I don't think most people playing "mind games" are hatching diabolical machiavellian plots they learned from a "How to make friends and influence people" style textbook, it just comes as second nature to them.