what you currently enjoying ?

drilla

I'm sampling the mego back catalog, too young the first time around. Thank you "lost glitch classics" thread. Their whole approach, sense of humor, aesthetic of the cover art and logo, the diversity of music under an umbrella.. all of it is exactly what i want in my face right now. Punk computer music is right. the, i suppose, naivete of the 'laptop' era is strangely appealing, already somewhat retro in a way... 90s had laptop music, will 10s have cell phone music? ok that's silly. But is there any current label that has taken the torch on this kind of stuff... and i'm not sure what i mean by 'this stuff' really... but a label that has its own distinctive identity, containing a multitude of musical attitudes that are somehow connected by virtue of being on the label?

Last edited:

MatthewH

makes strange noises.
Didn't the heyday of UKG have a lot of tracks made on Playstation?

I think the '10s might be the iPad (and its descendants) decade. Say Megasoid the other day and half of the set was triggered off an iPad. As soon as they put more processing juice in those things, I can imagine them making interesting audio workstations.

I'm strangely enjoying cheesy chart pop a la Katy Perry recently. I guess it's a reaction to listening to so much dark, inaccessible electronic music for so long.

grizzleb

great stuff...also appears on zhao's ngoma 6 mix, btw.

the beginning seems a little clipped (on the YT vid as well), is that the actual start of the track?
Tbh listening to it and looking on a spectograph it looks like it could just be a youtube rip. Sounds ok though, a bit crunchy and lo-fi.

Kraftwerk - The Man Machine
Been getting into this again myself recently, 'robots' must have one of the most jacking basslines ever. So satisfying. About as perfect dancing fodder as you could hope to find.

zhao

there are no accidents
I'm sampling the mego back catalog, too young the first time around. Thank you "lost glitch classics" thread. Their whole approach, sense of humor, aesthetic of the cover art and logo, the diversity of music under an umbrella.. all of it is exactly what i want in my face right now. Punk computer music is right. the, i suppose, naivete of the 'laptop' era is strangely appealing, already somewhat retro in a way... 90s had laptop music, will 10s have cell phone music? ok that's silly. But is there any current label that has taken the torch on this kind of stuff... and i'm not sure what i mean by 'this stuff' really... but a label that has its own distinctive identity, containing a multitude of musical attitudes that are somehow connected by virtue of being on the label?

maybe this cluster of sister labels come close to what you are looking for:

http://www.and-oar.org/

lots of brave new laptop worlds, i think if you like early Mego...

Leo

i dont get the point of this thread. is anyone really going through each page/post and clicking on the videos?

i think it's a useful, handy guide to just what it says: stuff people are currently into. doubt anyone actually starts on the first page and goes thru everything, but i like to know what the latest posts are. don't always play the YT vids, but often do.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I think if I had heard this in 1980 when released,it would have blown my fucking head off.

jimitheexploder

Just got back from seeing these two in my local shed.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Seb Rochford on drums and Pamela Kurstin on theramin. It was something else, I've never heard a theramin played like it. She'd loop up bass patterns, really low slung slow-mo funk lines or freaky sci-fi/orchestral workouts all while Seb just kept rolling out mad rhythms. Loved it.

On the way here Seb did a little tour of towns in a van too, this is him the other day in my market place haha

jkhoja.jpg

Last edited: