what you currently enjoying ?

gabriel

The Heatwave
LOL

good to see you too john, i wish that outdoor sunny reggae business (with toilets and notovercrowdedbar close by) happened every weekend in london...

munch's first name is john too, maybe 'munch' is what 'eden' has been hiding all this time?!

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:D

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
New week, new list...

Wayna- Higher Ground
Kam Moye-Self-Centered EP
Opio-Vulture's Wisdom Volume One
Danny!-And I Love H.E.R.
Ayatollah-Louder
The Beatles-Revolver
David Bowie-The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust
Evidence-Red Tape Instrumentals
Bilal-Love For Sale
Black Milk-Popular Demand & Broken Wax Instrumentals
Low Deep-The Instrumentals
Assorted Wiley, Danny Weed, DaVinche, Jammer, Dexplicit, Bless Beats and Rude Kid instrumentals

One.

noel emits

Oh ok, they have a 'proper' website as well - www.nomomusic.com

It's good stuff huh? They definitely pull together a lot things I really like and it works very well.

Influences:

Can
Sun Ra
Tom Ze
Fela Kuti
Moondog
Brian Eno
Harmonia
Funkadelic
Miles Davis
Phil Cohran
Joe Zawinul
Steve Reich
Harry Partch
Konono No 1
Marion Brown
Alice Coltrane
Talking Heads
Francis Bebey
Pharoah Sanders
Morton Subotnick

noel emits

I got this weird album yesterday called Music For Batman and Robin by The Spacemen on Roulette. I can't seem to find any info about it on the internet but it's from 1966 and it's a load of surf/exotica stuff that seems to have been given what can only be described as a dub treatment; loads of echo, reverb and bits where it fades in and fades out and repeats and stuff.
It's not anything to do with that Arkestra Batman record is it? Probably not, but you can download that one from WFMU so I thought I would mention it.

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/02/sun_ra_and_the_.html

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Just got Coil's 1994 Born Again Pagans EP (credited to 'Coil vs. ELpH') - the first track is just mind-meltingly groovy squeebly-burbly acid house goodness. :D

I watched the BBC3 Glastonbury highlights show last night, and in among Wiley going 'oggy, oggy, oggy' with hot chip, Dizzee with Calvin Harris, an excellent performance of Unfinished Sympathy and motoril Manu Chao performance, there was Lykke Li doing a live, acoustic version of I'm Good, I'm Gone. And it/she was stunning.

Her BBC3 Glasto performance might be available on their iPlayer, but in the meantime, here's another, not as good, version on youtube.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
</embed></object>

Little Bit

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

dave

the day today tonight
^ little bit is real nice.

i'm hooked on MGMT at the moment.

"Time To Pretend" is just far too good, ridiculous lyrics, stupid big production, psychedelic/pretentious video, and so accessible that my 3 year old is just as hooked as me.

its the kinda power pop that makes me want to throw out crates of minimal techno since that all seems so impotent in comparison.

youtube has these videos, plus high quality versions for download in the description:
Electric Feel
Time To Pretend

aaron_shinn

I've been digging deeper into the Kosmische side of Krautrock - specifically Harmonia (which is Neu + Cluster). Amazing, dreamy, hypnotic, early electronic music. Haven't heard the second album yet (De Luxe) but the first one (Musik Von Harmonia) is cool as hell.

Also been listening to the utter freakout that is "Deceit" by This Heat. The transcendent moments on that album are so good that it's worth sitting through the screaming and aimless noodling of the rest of it :)