what you currently enjoying ?

mms

sometimes
I've been digging deeper into the Kosmische side of Krautrock - specifically Harmonia (which is Neu + Cluster). Amazing, dreamy, hypnotic, early electronic music. Haven't heard the second album yet (De Luxe) but the first one (Musik Von Harmonia) is cool as hell.

Also been listening to the utter freakout that is "Deceit" by This Heat. The transcendent moments on that album are so good that it's worth sitting through the screaming and aimless noodling of the rest of it :)

don't listen to stn musik von harmonia, esp the lead track is amazing.

Client Eastwood

listen to music in shuffle mode last night this came up. big smiles all round.

dum maro dum

Take a toke
Let the pain be erased
Say all day and night
Hare Krishna, Hare Ram

What has the world given us?
What have we taken from the world?
Why should we care about everyone else?
What has everyone else done for us?

Whether we live or die
We won't fear anyone
This age will not stop us
We'll do whatever we want

Take a toke
Let the pain be erased
Say all day and night
Hare Krishna, Hare Ram

mms

sometimes
listen to music in shuffle mode last night this came up. big smiles all round.

dum maro dum

Take a toke
Let the pain be erased
Say all day and night
Hare Krishna, Hare Ram

What has the world given us?
What have we taken from the world?
Why should we care about everyone else?
What has everyone else done for us?

Whether we live or die
We won't fear anyone
This age will not stop us
We'll do whatever we want

Take a toke
Let the pain be erased
Say all day and night
Hare Krishna, Hare Ram

yes that's lovely, is that off the doob doob rama record from years back ?

i've been sorting out my records a bit recently, i've been listening alot to the gas 4 x cd set, marc moulin, old 2 step, dandy jack, musik von harmonia, pier bucci , jesse somfay, that sort of thing.

viktorvaughn

This will be the set of the night I reckon.

Their Rinse set with the bits of funky and electroish stuff mixed in was great. Mac's last ever pure Grime set in a club as well!

Are there going to be issues queuing? We have tickets but I read about some big disaster last time or something? What time is advisable to get there do you think?

mos dan

fact music
Their Rinse set with the bits of funky and electroish stuff mixed in was great. Mac's last ever pure Grime set in a club as well!

Are there going to be issues queuing? We have tickets but I read about some big disaster last time or something? What time is advisable to get there do you think?

i wish i could advise but i haven't been to one of these big ones at the end for a year or so. i would *hope* that with a ticket you won't have any problem! i'm prob gonna reach at 11 or so...

do you know any more set times dude?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I reckon it's advisable to get there about 2pm. Just teleport inside the actual club then and you'll be okay.

497747_170x170.jpg

/mixing lean/seinfeld

Client Eastwood

yes that's lovely, is that off the doob doob rama record from years back ?QUOTE]

Some cheap Sounds of Bollywood type compilation cant recall the name. But its on most such compilations.

Gwan! Daddy Freddy on The Record Breakers (also Wee Papa Girl Rappers and the actor fella)

viktorvaughn

i wish i could advise but i haven't been to one of these big ones at the end for a year or so. i would *hope* that with a ticket you won't have any problem! i'm prob gonna reach at 11 or so...

do you know any more set times dude?

Cool, I'm thinking ~11 too. I only know that set time one from their Rinse show.

Immryr

i am really liking a lot of the live clips of lykke li on youtube, but the songs as they are on the album are generally pretty weak in comparison, it's a real shame i think.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Charlie Parker - The Complete Verve Master Takes...reopened the box after a few months rest and still amazed by what I'm hearing.

A man after my own heart no homo.

Nothing but TRG mixes the last few days actually. FWD should be live this sunday.

DJ PIMP

i am really liking a lot of the live clips of lykke li on youtube, but the songs as they are on the album are generally pretty weak in comparison, it's a real shame i think.

Fred Falke mix of I'm Good, I'm Gone is the lick...

DJ PIMP

Fave track is currently the Xenia Beliayeva mix of Fixmer & McCarthy's Look To Me.

It's amazing. Driving, propulsive, vomitous, raw, emotional sex-driven bile rising and spilling onto the dancefloor like a sick, black tide.

It makes me think of how much broader the vocabulary of techno has become since the 90s, post-electroclash, and how vital it still is.

Dare I say it, my #1 track of 2008?