what you currently enjoying ?

straight

wings cru
i must check that out, loved fixmers early bits like electrostatic and body pressure but the last album was dreadful

DJ PIMP

yeah i didnt even warez that LP - thats how limp it made me. too far in that stiff EBM direction.

but this remix??!!

xenia is number one. her music sounds like she shits charcoal. after the track Music i live in fear that she will miraculously become happy and never again reach the depths of Chocolate or Hellraiser... or her mix of Rother's Don't Worry.

it's like having your face erased... layers being forcibly abrased.

and yet so elegant and formal in that modern minimal textural sense, which is very much what i like, the tension between control and release.

Client Eastwood

Ive just followed the link to see

"While I love this stuff, I do sort of wonder why a lot of recent Brit reggae music histories seem to be ignoring Steel Pulse/Misty In Roots/Aswad/etc (not to mention On-U-Sound/Dennis Bovell/Lovers/LKJ) and pretending that Fast Chat/Fashion were the first first true flowering of Brit reggae (rather just another in a long line.) "

Is someone watching the board, I brought this up here only a day or two ago. Or maybe there's another me in that there parallel internet.

mos dan

fact music
Ive just followed the link to see

"While I love this stuff, I do sort of wonder why a lot of recent Brit reggae music histories seem to be ignoring Steel Pulse/Misty In Roots/Aswad/etc (not to mention On-U-Sound/Dennis Bovell/Lovers/LKJ) and pretending that Fast Chat/Fashion were the first first true flowering of Brit reggae (rather just another in a long line.) "

Is someone watching the board, I brought this up here only a day or two ago. Or maybe there's another me in that there parallel internet.

lol - if u listen to it stelfox deals with this point about half way through. on another note, i finally understand the secret password for the woofah contributors forum ;)

STN

sou'wester
I ALWAYS rep for Aswad, Steel Pulse, Misty in Roots, Merger, LKJ, Black Slate, Matumbi, Dennis Bovell Band, Lion Youth.

Also, on a soft 80s tip, Carol Thompson, Janet Kay, Louisa Marks.

I'm going out with my cousin this weekend, I hope Louisa Marks doesn't spot me.

STN

sou'wester
Well I guess that's technically legal...

Are you coming to see Jagu and Crofton on Saturday night? [see events thread]

1. Not like THAT you dirty bastard
2. It's less illegal than going out with YOUR MUM
3. She's my second cousin anyway so it would be fine if it was like THAT
4. Yes, I imagine so